SuperDave tried to kill me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperDave tried to kill me

Happy 4th! haha, so whats up with the title? Simple, I am killing myself with this beer and its Dave's fault. The Sixth Glass. Well, I started with a Sierra Nevada Porter, which was pretty tasty and a reminder that things were gonna go south eventually. Why? Its got quite the potent taste, not high Alc but you can feel it in your mouth that its a drink or die situation. Next was the Boddingtons, which goes into an ice cold mug and settles much like a Guinness, but Blonde instead. Tasty and follows a stout remarkably well for what it is. This was the calm before the storm.

Next came the Samual Smith's Oatmeal Stout, Product of England. Yeah, the 4th has to be enjoyed with a British beer, and an amazing beer it is. So dark you cannot see light through it. Ok, Dave has a light that MIGHT work...maybe. Id like to know.

With the dark, blonde, pitch black theme going, it was certainly a twist of fate that brought me to the Sam Adams Double Bock instead of the Imperial Stout. Same Imperial Series but the stout has grown syrup like on my palate. This Double Bock was new to me, and presented a similar syrup attribute to a 1:10 scale. Delicious once again in the series, and I will buy more of these 4 packs until I grow tired of them.

Now for the Sixth Glass. Its 2.5 beers worth of 10.5% (the double bock "warm up" was 9.5 and super smooth, unassuming) . Dave showed me pics and spoke of its significance. Yeah. Well, it has a great story (Click on Sixth Glass) but this beer has quite a bit stronger alcohol taste to it than anything previous. Phew! The Sam Adams is like a Ninja compared to this brawler. Strong strong strong taste, and a decent sweetness to it as well. Kind of reminds me of golden monkey from the beer tour in PA that I went to with Josh. Forget the brewery that was but that was a good time. Not a good beer to drink though, and this beer is real close to being too sweet for my taste.

They have other beers of this caliber on a rack at the local liquor store, and I do plan to taste them all.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

haha!

every drink of the sixth glass puts 5 hairs on your chest (and 20 on your back).

the double wide IPA is great also.
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Sounds like you had a great 4th!

I just got home from work but we ate well and ran pretty hard. There were fires all over town yesterday for some reason, lol.

Axe
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
        They have other beers of this caliber on a rack at the local liquor store, and I do plan to taste them all.
        Jeez, I hope you don't do this all in one day. Next thing you know, you will blame Laverne and Shirley, along with Shotz Brewery for your close demise.

But I think I may have cause a shortage of Miller products yesterday.
        If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
        sigpic

Comment

Finally trying my 2nd from the Boulevard Brewing company. This one is the Dark Truth Stout. Iits 9.7% and its much more to my taste.

Its good, but its not great. The aftertaste just isn't quite what I was looking for but the smell, taste, and appearance are what I would expect for $7.50 for 750ml. May buy this one again.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Back in the day, me and 4-5 friends managed to get a March Madness banner from a bar (we were freinds with one of the waitresses). We came up with 64 different bears, and had blind tastings of them. Got to experience a bunch of different beers. Unfortunately, we never made it past the first round. Your trying of new beers and explaining them reminded me of this.
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Its hard to try a bunch at once. The Dirty Bastard 8.5% alc Scotch style ale from a company in michigan (cant recall it right now) is amazing. Had those on sunday. I love trying new beers, and hearing what others think as well.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I can't drink scotch ale, i had some one time that was terrible and all the others just remind me of it.. lol
                Past Builds;
                1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                Current Project;
                1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Guess I was lucky to not have that experience If they make screwdriver style ale, ill vomit out my nose.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I don't care for beer at all, I know, un-american, lol

I do drink a little whiskey once in a great while though.

Some friends and I took the Jack Daniels tour last year and it was very cool! It's in a dry county though so you don't get to sample anything, but we learned enough to buy some Gentleman Jack's. Top shelf whiskey and it was amazingly smooth.

Axe
                    sigpic

Comment

I drink single barrel now, but loved gentleman jack for the cost/smoothness. I just can't resist the 94 proof and smoother taste of single barrel though.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Is that the one from the top barrell in the warehouse?

I get them mixed up but know that's supposed to be the best. Has the most variations in climate over the 7 years they store and age it.

Axe
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, they take the best tasting barrels and then put them up there to age longer. If you drink enough of them, you can tell the slight difference between barrels.
                          Ben
                          60DegreeV6.com
                          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

We had our pic taken with Jack last July. I'm in the middle/back. Can't find the group pic from the tour ATM.

Axe
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

Ben, that brewery you went to in PA was Victory Brewing Company. They have a very good lineup of beers. You should also try V-12 from them, nice and strong. Golden Monkey is a Tripel style of wheat beer and it's supposed to be strong. It gets even stronger after it's been aged a few years. Personally it's one of my favorites.
                              Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Working...
                              X