GAGT's $50 Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAGT's $50 Challenge

Since the thread on GAGT got closed for some retarded reason (can we say ego trip?!?), and since I'm the one in charge of the money for the contest, I figure I'll start up the thread over here. See the following for the rules: http://grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77066

Anyway, for the people that know about it from over there, please feel free to continue posting over here. For those that don't know about it, you probably aren't eligible anyway, but feel free to comment (to some extent - keep it civil and on topic please).
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

And just in case they decide to delete the thread over there, here are the rules...

UPDATED AND CLARIFIED:

This is my friendly call out to the n-body community.

What is the Challenge? Hit 12's blatantly and obviously and do it with rediculous and copious amounts of proof.

you MUST have this:

- video mandatory of the 12.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 or better run.
    - time slips of both runs mandatory scanned
    - photos of tires, engine bay, interior, full 360 of exterior.
    - be a member of GAGT.com since December 31st, 2007
    - car must be registered and insured.
    - 1996+ N-bodies only. No j-bodies, no pre 1996 n-bodies.
    - engine must use at LEAST a block that was available off the showroom floor of a 99+ n-body. example: 3.4L, 2.4L, 2.2L blocks come to mind. Must be mounted in OEM location.
    - your must have 2 successful 12 second runs at the track. No allowance of a 12.999999999999999999999 backed up w/ a 13.00000000000000000000. This = you FAIL. TWO 12 SECOND RUNS OR BETTER!
    - Shweppe, spyhunter must hit 11.5 or better to win.
    - car must be compliant with all the rules of the track in use.
    - slicks are OKAY!
    - car must be a STREET car. FULL INTERIOR FROM THE B-PILLAR FORWARD. Gutted trunk okay.
    - standalone okay
    - V8 not okay
    - OEM WINDOWS
    - one piece front end NOT OKAY
    - OEM FLOOR PANS (no cutting out wheel well tub in trunk)
    - Windshield wipers mandatory. Complete headlight and taillight
    assemblies (all) mandatory; must be operative
    -Brad-
    sigpic

Comment

So no grand am did it yet??? I'm kinda surprised...
      Mike 60degree addict.
      Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
      sigpic
      65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

Sadly, no. And not sure if you read the thread or not, but this was originally started in late 2007, and was supposed to be a challenge for 2008.
        -Brad-
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for bringing some sanity back.

I'm still trying hard to get my shit together and make the run before I deploy. Tuning issues are now a problem. Both my WB and NB O2's are fouled after I bumped up fuel pressure and had havoc getting the tune settled in. I guess that's no myth that overly rich conditions will foul sensors eh? LOL

Somehow I'll get it worked out. (ooh, I could steal the factory O2 sensor out of my daughter's car and run it, hahaha)

Oh, and note to Ben also, couldn't put my sig in here, said remote file was too large

Nevermind, got it working I think.....but it sure is tiny
          Last edited by BlackJack; 09-22-2010, 11:00 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

yeah I read it, and well it was quite a show back there....here it will be more in check.
            Mike 60degree addict.
            Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
            sigpic
            65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

Well I know we don't have a limitation on pic size (other than if we see its huge, we say something). I need a copy of your .bin. Also, you only need the wideband sensor correct?
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

correct, just the wideband, don't know if brand makes a difference, but I have an Autometer Ultralight. I have another stock sensor on hand for the narrow.

I'll try and get you a .bin today.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, its a crock about closing it. I would love to have that money, but my simple build just continued to get more complex (obviously wanting to keep a supercharger over turbocharging complicates this) and I am now at the point where I don't care what other people think, I'm only doing it for myself, and I have other priorities that come first. My car currently has not been driven in 4 years......

S...........L...........E...........E...........P...........E...........R

Comment

On a side note, I would love to see an Alero grab it, wether it be blackjack or greg (alerob88 or even Ion (aleromod.com guy)

S...........L...........E...........E...........P...........E...........R

Comment

so..... what exactly was the purpose of this challenge? to prove that there aren't really any N-cars with factory motors and full interiors hitting 12s?
                      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                      Latest nAst1 files here!
                      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

that site has become one huge joke. most of the people that post don't even own a Grand Am anymore.

i can't really think of anything informative to come from that site in the last 3-4yrs.
                        sigpic
                        99 Grand Am GT
                        3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                        Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                        1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                        515 515 lift 112 lsa
                        15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Originally posted by kwhauck View Post
                          My car currently has not been driven in 4 years......
                          I'm on roughly 3 years
                          sigpic
                          ----------
                          BUILT Turbo 3400/4t65e-HD powered Grand AM in the making.

Comment

huh i find it odd no one has doen it yet? the GP's are hitting low 11's and they wiegh alot more.

to bad i am not able to compete i just bought a 01GAGT with a bum motor
                            92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

Comment

Originally posted by geldartb View Post
                              that site has become one huge joke. most of the people that post don't even own a Grand Am anymore.

i can't really think of anything informative to come from that site in the last 3-4yrs.
                              Same could be said for GAOC.

Honestly, Spy's car I think was the only GA to hit 12's consistently, IIRC. And his was definitely a full interior, street legal car.
                              -Chris-
                              03 Black GAGT Sedan
                              MODS:
                              MP Racing CAI / Magnaflow High Flow Catalytic Converter / Flowmaster 80 series w/glasspack resonator
                              Front STB / MSD Ignition: 8.5mm wires & blaster coils / SOME BIG GODDAMNED MUDFLAPS

And some other stuff to make it look pretty.

Comment

Working...
                              X