Upgrades for the 3100 in 1995 Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades for the 3100 in 1995 Grand Prix

I want to know some custom upgrades that can be done to pull out as much horsepower out of my 1995 Grand Prix
    I already know there are very limited bolt on applications especially for this year car. But I like the body style and the overall power.
    The reason I'm willing to put time and money into this is because this 1995 Grand Prix (purchased for $450) is capable of out running a 2006 Grand Prix by half a car length, both cars were red lined in a quarter mile drag race. Another thing is it comes in behind a 2004 Impala SS (supercharged) by a car length.
    The only thing the car has that isn't stock is the K&N Air Filter.
    What are the best exhaust systems that are affordable, should I put in a different intake? Are there any cam piston header upgrades? Would the Pulstar Pulse plugs give me more power as well? If anyone knows of any existing upgrades that will pull out any little bit of power for an affordable price it would be most helpful.

Pulstar plugs are a joke, just grab the recommended ACDelco platnums/rapidfires/iridiums.

HUGE gains can be had by exhaust work, specifically, the downpipe needs to be replaced, it's very restrictive, after that, the log manifolds could use some work. you may even pick up some fuel economy from that as well

i guess it really depends on your budget/mechanical abilities as to how far you want to go.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

your sure it was an Impala SS?
      Mike 60degree addict.
      Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
      sigpic
      65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

the 00-03 SS were NOT supercharged, though the 04-05 were...

/end of my 3800 knowledge
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Yeah pretty positive it was an impala ss, they have a distinctive design, plus i drove it. Regardless it came out just a step higher then my Grand Prix, which is understandable, its supercharged, gaurentee, it had psi gauge built in the dash.

regards to the downpipe and such, i think i can get ahold of a downpipe, but its the simple fact of distinguishing them from each other, theres the one that curves around and theres the one that has a straight bend,

also would it do me any good pulling out the cats and putting on hiflows or just straight piping?

Comment

Any modern cat flows well and isn't really worth replacing unless it's bad, so I would leave them alone if they are fine. Besides, some 60v6's sound bad even with cats. You should hear one without cats if you don't like the sound of some of them with cats... Cats help mellow the tone some, so again, if the cat is fine leave it be.
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Aweb has a VERY nasty sounding 3100.... no cats.

i think it's a bit excessive for me if it was a DD, but otherwise, i would consider it.
              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

To be blunt, your 95 grand prix runs 16.7's on a good day in the 1/4. I know this cause I have 2 95 grand prixs. And a Supercharged 3.8 can run mid 14's to low 15's stock or even slower if its spinning the tires. You can spend $10k on your engine and will be barely that fast. Either fab up a turbo kit for your current engine or do an engine swap. That would be your best $ per HP solution. If you wish to go that route there's plenty of people with many great suggestions to assist you on this board. From the looks of things here it seems your gonna need loads of help. Good luck! Got any pics of your car
                Last edited by blackbombshell95; 03-29-2011, 10:02 PM.
                Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
                02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Working...
                X