'87 Olds 88, Dad and I having fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '87 Olds 88, Dad and I having fun

SO....back in 2007 My family and I went to go pick up x-mas trees. Dad took his Olds 88 and at the time I was cursed with a 2005 Chevy Equinox, I hated it then and I still think it's a POS today...everything but the motor!

Anyway, we arrived in my drive to a bad rod knock in the Olds, go figure 3.8. So over the years it sat and then I had a wild hair about doing a 4.0L Aurora swap to it. I got the motor, trans, computers, etc... Started fabricating mounts....
    But, then my shop picked up and time fell short.
    We also needed an extra car...NOW!
    So, we popped the 4.0 back out and converted her back to stock. Keep in mind we don't always do stuff like this, and what we did ain't much, it was just fun.

After working on everybody else's POS being able to just relax, make something look good, and enjoy the hobby was a nice change of pace. Something I don't get to do that often and something I always look forward to doing with my Dad. I'm 36 and he's 64. But, don't let the age fool you! He can still learn the modern cars, which he does very well, and is still teaching me a thing or two! I just wanted to share. Enjoy.

BTW, the strut towers and engine bay will be gold with black accent, I'll post pics on that too. OH! and we decided to put the 4.0L in the SHO with a stick, just to erk the Ford guys!

sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Originally posted by 95SleeperAcheiva View Post
    OH! and we decided to put the 4.0L in the SHO with a stick, just to erk the Ford guys!
    That's funny, I like it! lol
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
    X