stock chip reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock chip reset?

orderd a wot tech chip sadly it wasnt compatible with my car so ive taken out the chip put the stock one back in i was told to dissconnect the negative terminal to reset the chip i did this while car was running with no change and also tried while key was in the on position....am i doing somthing wrong?

disconnect negative terminal? of the battery? and you did this while running?

you've already got access to the ECM if you threw the new chip in, just disconnect all 3 or 4 plugs that connect to the ECM for a few minutes. that is a surefire way of getting the ECM to start from scratch.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

You can take the battery out while running and everything will still work. I guess my question is, why didn't the WOT-Tech chip work?
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

well, yes you CAN, due to the alt, but it's not a good idea to do so.

i'm also curious as to why Ben's chip no worky.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I don't have the VSS code for an 87 MAP A body 3.1 4 speed. I used the 88 code but it didn't work.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i have a $55 BIN for a 87 2.8 A-car w/4T60...
            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

i wish it did work upon placing the chip in my car the speedomiter stop working i also installed a cold air intake that was made for a 88 caviler that had the 2.8 in it upon unplugging my maf the check engine light came on witch threw me off becuase i thought with the chip i would be able to remove this since its switching over to a map and i felt like my car was lacking power...i contacted ben and told him the problem and he was very nice about the whole situation..........i waited months to get the spare money to buy the chip so im really bummed it didnt work but like i said earlier ben was very nice didn't argue or give me trouble when i asked for a refund i would definetly do business with him again

Comment

You still have to wire in the IAT sensor when you remove the 87 MAF. It has that built in with the MAF so you can't really remove the MAF without doing this. If Robert can find the VSS code I need for your chip, then the speedo would work. I would at least like for you to test the chip as it should be and let me know if it is worth the price.

It is a 2.8, i just wasn't thinking 2.8 vs 3.1 as I mentally have them both as gen 2 right now:P Too much Gen 3/3500 stuff huh.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i'm getting confilicting info from alldata and my 55/6D definitions.....

is it an optical or magnetic VSS? if it's magnetic, it should be a simple recalibration, if it's an optical, a circuit was briefly discussed in the nAst1 thread to convert the signal the optical makes and make it usable as a magnetic signal for the ECM.
                  Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

i just dropped it in the mail today.....i felt like i did notice a diffrence but without the speedo it was kinda of hard to really gauge the diffrence but what i paid was a good price and just at the thought of removing the maf made it worth it i reserched several other chips that didnt even mention doing have the stuff ur chip does and i liked that the website was very honest it wasnt claiming to give me 70 horse power or some of the other claims other chips make and i was the guinea pig for celebrity chips when i pick up another car i will probly order another one and send my stock chip for correct tuneing

Comment

You will be satisfied when things get worked out. Ben is a great tuner and will work it out if you give him the chance. Luckily I had the two DOHC configurations he needed to make chips for the DOHC, so I got mine for free. Now that he's moved to Florida to expand his business I need to learn tuning in my own so I can tune my cars.
                      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                      Originally posted by Jay Leno
                      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                        well, yes you CAN, due to the alt, but it's not a good idea to do so.
                        My old 80 Cutty Calais was bought with a bad alternator that would drain the battery if left hooked up over night thanks to someone "testing" the alt. by unhooking the battery while running. I say "testing" because a realistic test would have left it unhooked for about 5 seconds or so... They left it unhooked for over a minute, frying the regulator. Luckily the car came with a box of spare parts, one of which was an alternator that, while not being a direct replacement, had the same regulator so I was able to repair the one in the car.
                        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                        Originally posted by Jay Leno
                        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I now have the correct speedo code for these old cars. Figures it was simple. 4k PPM, 0 divisor.
                          Ben
                          60DegreeV6.com
                          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                          X