T.D.M. 1995 camaro, question??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.D.M. 1995 camaro, question??????

I read your guys previous post on the theft deterrent module, and my question is, after extensively looking over the wiring diagram, couldn't u bypass the whole module all together by going under the hood side of the ECM and running an ignition hot wire to fuel pump request ( drk grn/wht ) and to the fuel pump signal ( gray ). wouldn't that work, or could that possibly fry the ECM?

isn't there any one who has the knowledge t o answer my question? or am I on the wrong site/

Comment

I don't know if 12vt would kill the ECM but it won't get it to start. You need to use a VATS bypass type device as the ECM needs to see a 50 htz (IIRC) signal to turn off the anti-theft. You can find VATS bypass boxes on Ebay.
      MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
      '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
      http://www.tcemotorsports.com
      http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

Measure the resistance on your key and then put that resistance in line with the 2 white wires in your steering column. Bypassed. I didn't have any luck with the module that is in line with the module itself, but the resistor worked perfect.

If this isn't possible for whatever reason, then there may be a way to bypass the whole system but I do not know what it is.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Here is a link to a write up on the procedure Ben just outlined....

Hope this helps,,,
          Tom...

Comment

Thanxs for all your input

thanxs guys, for all your input. But, If you look at the wiring diagram, I think, all I have to do is run those wires from the ignition hot side of the fuse box, and I think that will bypass the T.D.M

Comment

If all you want to do is trip the fuel pump relay, that would be fine, but... in the VATS systems, the ECM doesn't turn the injectors on until seeing that 50hz signal that CNCguy was talking about.
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Or if you have an ALDL cable you can talk to madtuner and have him turn it off in the tune like I did and give that VATS the boot.
                sigpic
                "It's your car. Do with it what you wish, but as you enter this unknown world you will need to invent the wheel all over again. For the adventurous and those that are backyard mechanics who have nothing but time you might like this. Most have plenty of frustrating moments and the process usually takes significantly longer then what anyone could imagine. The end result of this conversion is completely up to you." - Jon McCullough of BMCautos.com

Comment

I see it not only shuts the fuel pump down it also shuts down the injectors and everything...ahhh... I didn't know that.. well... thanxs all u guys for your input its much appreciated. when I get the sucker running I'll let u all know, thanxs again

Comment

I've got a VATS bypass that I'm no longer using (turned off in tune), $20 + shipping?
                    sigpic
                    "It's your car. Do with it what you wish, but as you enter this unknown world you will need to invent the wheel all over again. For the adventurous and those that are backyard mechanics who have nothing but time you might like this. Most have plenty of frustrating moments and the process usually takes significantly longer then what anyone could imagine. The end result of this conversion is completely up to you." - Jon McCullough of BMCautos.com

Comment

Working...
                    X