2011 Buick Enclave Paranoia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Buick Enclave Paranoia

My Boss, (I can't afford an Enclave), wants to know how to totally disable Onstar, in this vehicle. Tracking paranoia I suppose, due to the recent posts on other sites. Don't know why, and I don't care. I told him I would check on it.
    If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
    sigpic

Change the radio to an aftermarket
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

hmmmm pull the fuse. lol

Comment

Find the computer and disconnect the antenna.

Brad via Tapatalk
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

This video was filmed to show GM car owners who wish to disable OnStar without impacting vehicle performance or operations other than the features of OnStar....
          2000 Grand Am GT
          2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

I remember Onstar announcing that they weren't going to track vehicles of unsubscribed owners anymore. It happened shortly after it was discovered that they were. I'm sure it could be easily re-enabled if the authorities ask though.

It's like a webbrowser cookie, it isn't really anything to worry about unless you visit questionable places or have something to hide...
            1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

don't wanna know what your boss is doing in his free time :P

why doesn't he just unplug and remove the onstar box? should be under the 2nd row of seats I believe
              2004 Monte Carlo LS
              Build Thread
              Youtube Channel
              ^Add and Sub & I'll Return The Favor^

Comment

Working...
              X