No announcement yet.

Atomizing fuel with piezo transducers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is similar to a heating/cooling chamber that uses ultrasonic soundwaves.

Ever seen Peltier Cooling? Often used in modern Smart Phones and other fanless cpu cooling. It's operation is pretty basic. It can operate as a heater or cooler per alignment. It can also produce electricity if a temperature difference is present across the two plates. Otherwise, a current will heat one side and cool the other side. The hot side can have aluminum fins to dissipate the heat quicker.

I imagine lining the block with such a device would produce electricity due to the temp difference. That current can be used to help power the other electronic components, then less fuel would be used since the thermal efficiency goes up. Also, the heat soak phase when shut down would provide some charge as well into the battery. Basically a solid-state generator that uses heat energy to electricity and visa-versa.

There is also Pulse Tube Cooling which is more practical for an engine.
    Last edited by TGP37; 04-30-2012, 10:21 AM.
    1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

Anything further on this idea?
      You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
      ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
      95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

Working...
      X