• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood up on your hoodie, no hands

Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Lol, let's not steer AWAY from the rocks. Smooth move, ex lax....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

He couldn't if he wanted to. Hard to steer a car that has no load on the front tires.
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

oops

Comment

He made no effort, though. I wouldn't have not made an effort to turn

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Watch the steering angle in the vid during other corners. He had the wheel turned far enough to make it, but the car went straight. During descension traction is lost. The rack on that car has an extremely close ratio.
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              Watch the steering angle in the vid during other corners. He had the wheel turned far enough to make it, but the car went straight. During descension traction is lost. The rack on that car has an extremely close ratio.
              $4500 engine, $2400 paint job, $1.99 Slurpee, not knowing your limits......priceless!
              1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
                $4500 engine, $2400 paint job, $1.99 Slurpee, not knowing your limits......priceless!
                QFT, lol. I don't like him cause he trashed a nice car...

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

that was a big rock he snacked on. probably should have picked a better road to go fast on. the first few humps i saw him take i could tell that wasn't going to end well.

and LOL that his sweatshirt hood went on his head.
                  sigpic
                  99 Grand Am GT
                  3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                  Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                  1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                  515 515 lift 112 lsa
                  15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Originally posted by geldartb View Post
                    that was a big rock he snacked on. probably should have picked a better road to go fast on. the first few humps i saw him take i could tell that wasn't going to end well.

and LOL that his sweatshirt hood went on his head.
                    I know, that goes to show just how long he was airborne. Also shows an airbag is not as effective as we think. Was useless being deployed as he got air, flat when he actually hit ground. Could've been a boulder or a pole, walking away with the steering wheel logo pressed into his face.
                    1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
                      walking away with the steering wheel logo pressed into his face.
                      He deserved it. At least now he has to remember this for the rest of his life and now many many more people than him and his insurance company know. One word, moron.
                      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                        He deserved it. At least now he has to remember this for the rest of his life and now many many more people than him and his insurance company know. One word, moron.
                        Agreed. I wish he smacked into the big cactus several yards ahead. That would've been classic road runner.

Comment

Its not so much that the air bag is useless it's more of what and how he hit. It deployed upon impact with the rock... it just so happens that he was soaring over the rock so that was not what stopped him from moving. Same thing would happen to someone who hits two things... the airbag is useless on the second hit.

Got Lope?
                          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                            Its not so much that the air bag is useless it's more of what and how he hit. It deployed upon impact with the rock... it just so happens that he was soaring over the rock so that was not what stopped him from moving. Same thing would happen to someone who hits two things... the airbag is useless on the second hit.
                            Yes, that's what I meant.

A while ago my brother hit a high curb doing 50 ish mph. Airbag deployed when he smacked the curb, which shattered the oil pan, sent the car over and into the brick wall. He lived but cracked his face bone from the eye socket to the nose socket then down to the upper jaw line. Airbag deployed too early and he smacked a partially deflated bag into the wheel. He is lucky he had a seat belt on. It was a hard hit, the front end was destroyed, crumpled up.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. The airbag worked perfectly, just not idealy.

Comment

It didn't deploy to early it just deployed on the first impact... He might have slowed enough to smack the wheel on that first impact too... so really don't hit two things and you'll be fine

Got Lope?
                              3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                              Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                              Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                              12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
                              X