Looking for in vehicle gun safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
    Not quite a fair comparison because you can take someone else's life with a gun...

And one huge problem I see in every story of someone killing someone in self defense is the huge list of questions that go unanswered... Not a situation you want to be in.
    Yes and no, I could kill with the fire extinguisher too...that thing could split a head open easy. An Ambulance, used to save people, can be turned into a weapon.

The way I see it, an object is only what the owner intents it to be and how they handle it. With power comes responsibility, as a performance enthusiast you understand that I'm sure. Putting a 16 yr old kid, driving only for a few hours, behind a 600+ hp machine is crazy stupid.

Sometimes things aren't as they initially appear either. Like a sharper knife is safer, or one of my favorites....a doctor is 10x's more lethal then a hand gun (in the US).

The only person who needs to fear being shot is the wacko who stalked my family for far too long. The guy who thinks he will have my kids one day, his lifes mission is to stalk and threaten my family. This crap started 32 years ago, evaded him for 20 years and now the prick has been "in-the-area" for the last few years. Considering the length this wacko has been at it, and his failing health recently, we just don't know what to expect from him. We decided our families safety isn't gonna be the burden of proof.

That's what drugs and alcohol does to people, ruins their lives and some turn psycho.
    1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

My words were taken the wrong way and its now turned into a gun discussion in general. I'm going to bow out. I hope your safe search works out and you get something that makes you happy in the end and is safe... no pun intended.

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
        My words were taken the wrong way and its now turned into a gun discussion in general. I'm going to bow out. I hope your safe search works out and you get something that makes you happy in the end and is safe... no pun intended.

Sorry buddy for any misinterpretations, and your right....it has turned into a gun discussion.

Often times online the black/white nature of text fails to convey the entire context of discussion. Body language, tone, etc is lost.
        1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

In high school a friend was cleaning his neighbors car. Found a gun under the seat, the gun went off.. Long story short, I agree completely with the need for a car gun safe. http://www.amazon.com/Gunvault-MV500...s=car+gun+safe

^^ I like that one

It's hard to find one that is safe, but easily accessible.. I'll ask around. If I find something better than what's on amazon i'll let ya know. As a fellow conceal weapon permit holder, hopefully we'll find a good safe for both of us. I go to the uni 5 days a week, so I don't get the chance to carry very often.
          You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
          ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
          95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

I like that one too. I bet I could fasten a holster so the safe can be secured upside down under the dash somewhere. When she opens up, the holters wont let the weapon drop. Or under the seat, or glove box mod.

IMHO, the faster a gun can be pulled means that much longer it can be kept out of sight, in a safe place. Easier lock up makes it more likely to use the safe instead of lazy-day over look from time to time.

Personally, I don't carry on body much at all. I play with my kids and do lots of odd ball jobs, etc. I realise the only time I feel I might want to carry is when I'm away from home. And 99% of the time I'm real close to my car I'm driving. It suites me well to keep the firearm locked in a safe near by versus constant on body carry. That is much safer too.
            Last edited by TGP37; 10-20-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X