BMW car covered in LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW car covered in LEDs

Thought it was pretty cool. If BMW can do it, I bet the US Military has been doing things like this for a while. Imagine a B2 rigged like this. Or a tank, sniper blanket, etc.

1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

I saw a science sho back in the 90's ("Beyond 2000" maybe) and they covered an army tank with light bulbs for a similar effect.

And that's not a BMW
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

Cool! A cloaking device!
      Is it from Romulus (Michigan)?

Ken

Comment

Since it's a German car (Mercedes) and the text it displays is German I would guess it's in Germany.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          I saw a science sho back in the 90's ("Beyond 2000" maybe) and they covered an army tank with light bulbs for a similar effect.

And that's not a BMW
          haha, BMW vs Mercedes, how did I switch those names up?

Beyond 2000, I watched that as a kid. Would be fun to watch again and see just how close they got predicting future trends.

I bet a simple billboard like cloaking wall could be erected for hiding police looking for speeders. Just put the cruiser between the LED wall and camera. I could have all kinds of fun with this.
          1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

It all depends on angle though, as you move the camera shooting the background doesn't so the perspective gets all screwy as you pass so it would stick out.

They got the idea from Top Gear...

In an unusual attempt to make their new F-Cell car, Mercedes Benz has decided to make their car invisible. Strangely though, most of the auto media is quoting scientists and geeks at Mercedes Benz to have come up with the idea whereas in reality, it was done by James May and Richard Hammond in their […]

Got Lope?
            3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
            Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
            Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
            12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
            X