W body rear seats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W body rear seats...

Quick question. Were there any w's that came with a split folding rear seat? I know there were fold down center consoles, but I'm looking to go with a pass through style rear seat come spring.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

the 1.5Ws (95-99 MC and 95-01 lumina) have them(cloth and leather)..... oddly enough, i don't think any of the others offered a full-width fold-down.

it does make me curious to see what all would be required to convert the rear buckets into being able to fold down, because i love the functionality of it.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

That makes two of us.

I thought there were some, but I was thinking it was the GP, thanks Robert!

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by "split", my 2001 Grand Prix has the door to the trunk behind the fold-down center console (and it has a lock in it, if that's important). The left/right seats themselves don't fold down, though.
        - Stephen Brand

Comment

Split seats are usually 60/40 split, 60/40 meaning they aren't split down the center but both halves are not one piece so you don't have to fold the whole seat down to gain trunk access.

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

60/40 Split Rear Seats

Ah, the GP doesn't have that, but I'm familiar with the size of the opening in the back, which makes that 60/40 design sound like a nice feature.

Though, I'm familiar enough with the back seat that if I needed to use the whole opening, I could have the whole top section removed in a minute or two.
            - Stephen Brand

Comment

IIRC, it's only two bolts and then the sheetmetal retainer thingy, so it's not bad, just somewhat inconvenient.
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
              X