Sandy Hook Donation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Hook Donation?

As a parent of 2 elementary ages girls, including 1 who is in kindergarten, the tragedy at Sandy Hill this past week has really hit home. I could never begin to imagine what those families are currently going through. And that is happened so close to Christmas makes it that much worse, as this is supposed to be a time of joy.

With that said, I wanted to try and reach out and help, but wanted to give more than just a little. With that said, I am wondering if anyone else feels the same way, and would be willing to contribute to a fund on behalf of 60V6.com. I know with it being so close to the holidays, its not the best time to ask people to give up money, but I really feel this is for a good cause. I have been looking around at different organizations, and haven't settled on anything yet, but when I do, I will post it up. Or, if someone knows of 1 and wants to recommend it, please post and let me know.

If only a couple people are interested, I will probably just donate myself, and urge those interested to do the same. But I really would like to see a decent turnout on this. Remember, even a couple dollars per person is worth it when a large group of people gets together. If there is enough interest, I will set up a new donation through the site specifically for this. After a week or so, I will donate the entire amount to the selected cause, and post the donation transaction here on the site as proof that is went where I said it was going.

Thanks for everyone's consideration.
    Last edited by bszopi; 12-19-2012, 08:32 AM.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

I can't do much, but keep me in the loop, and I'll see what I can come up with.
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Here's a couple of links from the Local papers suggesting ways to donate.... Yeah, pretty nasty shit!! I have been to the town (actually it's Sandy "HOOK").. Have also been in the ER at Danbury Hospital,,, where they brought the victims.... Unfortunately I'm completely broke right now,,, I honestly don't even have a dollar bill... I'll get paid on the 31st if you are still collecting then I'd be in... I'm sure there are local ways I could help....
      ThanxXx,,,,
      Tom....

Comment

Originally posted by walterdude View Post
        http://www.wfsb.com/story/20372079/f...ewtown-victims

Here's a couple of links from the Local papers suggesting ways to donate.... Yeah, pretty nasty shit!! I have been to the town (actually it's Sandy "HOOK").. Have also been in the ER at Danbury Hospital,,, where they brought the victims.... Unfortunately I'm completely broke right now,,, I honestly don't even have a dollar bill... I'll get paid on the 31st if you are still collecting then I'd be in... I'm sure there are local ways I could help....
        ThanxXx,,,,
        Tom....
        Thanks for the links. I'll take a look at them. And also, thanks for the correction on the name. With as much as its been in the news, I can't believe I got it wrong.

Brad via Tapatalk
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Keep me in the loop, being local to this I am more than willing to contribute to what you put together. And with my wife being a Highschool science teacher I can completely understand how it hit home for you since I have the same concerns about her, and actually have for a while now... It started when there was one incident of a student there telling some teachers he wanted to shoot them in the face.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Let me know also

Comment

Working...
            X