No announcement yet.

Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a big fan of IPA's, the aftertaste always kills it for me... they taste great, then the aftertaste brings them from a 10 down to a 2 for me. I tend to stick with porters, stouts, and lagers.
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
      Guinness, Harp, Bass, and basically any cider, although Woodchuck is probably my favorite.

Brad via Tapatalk
      I haven't had Bass, Harp is good. in the Guinness lineup, I prefer the Black Lager, that stuff is awesome.
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Aftertaste.. lol... just keep drinking.
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
          Aftertaste.. lol... just keep drinking.
          lol...

Comment

I'll probably draw some "Hatin" but I haven't had any alcohol in well over 15 years!!! Not that I didn't try to drink an ocean of the stuff... I WAS real good at it... In my early days I liked the expensive Imported beers,,, wasn't really much in the way of Micro-Breweries the way there is today.... If you wanted that you brewed your own,,, which I did a lot of... After 30 years of drinking I was going for the cheapest/strongest beer I could find.... 1-2 cases a day.... My favorite was Schmidts Ice.. Damned near kilt my fool self!! Ended up losing my left leg, my health and sanity!!! Not to mention my Freedom for awhile,,, the Police don't take kindly to repeat DUI offenders,,, not to mention the JUDGES!!! The one I kept getting had her brother killed by a drunk driver,,, NO sense of humor!! Tho she kept a table with scraps of paper and Crayons for us to write with, cuz she wondered if we were bright enough to use a pencil or pen!! All things considered, for myself, I AM much better off without it.... Not to say I don't miss a "Good" beer after a hot day!!! I DO miss it!!! VERY badly!! I also know, without a doubt, I would have been dead at least 10 years ago.... Possibly/Probably by my own hand...

Well, you asked about favorites... I really liked German beers the best, Beck's, Lownebraugh, (before an American company bought it, Miller?) St. Pauly Girl, Dinkle Acker and all the rest... British and Irish brews are always tasty, Bass Ale, anything by Taddy (Taddy Caster, Taddy Porter,,etc) Whitley's, Macinson's... Anything by Guinness, we used to get kegs of Guinness Stout... YOWW!! I can't even remember all of the beers I've tried!!! Used to have a collection of Imported bottles, at least a couple of hundred...
            Take Care,,,,
            Tom...
            Last edited by walterdude; 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

had my first Bass Pale ale tonight, pretty good. it's fairly light, I feel like I could go through a 6 pack in no time flat, but has quite a bit of flavor still. I like it. def one I'll buy again.

also had a Shock top for the first time in a while, it was ok. not one I'd seek out though.

I also toured the Budweiser brewery in Saint Louis last week. pretty cool experience. tour was about 45 minutes, free, and they let you try two beers afterwords.

next time I go, I want to take the "Brewmaster" tour. it's $25 bucks, and you get to take a more in depth tour, and sample the beer throughout the process.
              Last edited by ericjon262; 05-12-2013, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Beck's Sapphire... meh, it's ok, but I won't be seeking it out.

Budweiser Black Crown:

Too light to be called "Black Crown" it's ok, I wouldn't turn it down, 6/10

Comment

Working...
                X