Need help with a project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a project

Hey everyone, Im getting into a fun project for my car with a friend and have no idea how to go about it. So I thought that talking about it here would be best. I want to leave the project a surprise for now, but Ill start posting pictures when it comes together. So please dont be upset that I dont give any details about what the project is.

The project will require 4 small hydraulics or electric motors. They will be set up in pairs so they will do their job. The first set will be lifting straight up about 10-20 pounds and include the weight of the second set of hydraulics or motors.

The second set will be lifting about 5 pounds upwards and towards the front of the car, maybe less. But that set will be pushing said 5 pounds into the wind. They will be experiencing alot of force especially at higher speeds.

So now that you know a tiny bit about what is needed for the hydraulics or motors, my question is, does anyone know of any companies that make hydraulics that are about 1-2" in diameter, extend fully to 3-7", and can withstand alot of pressure or electric motors that are small and powerful and are 12 volt.

On my car, trunk space is limited since I have a sub and amp that take up the most part of it. So a small pump and tank would be best that can be put in the spare tire area or behind the sub. With the electric motors that wouldnt be a problem then.

Im thinking that electric motors would be easier and that I would only need 2 but im just trying to weigh my options here.
Working...
X