Took 3rd in a car show this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took 3rd in a car show this weekend.

NOT with the Beretta unfortunately... that's still apart right now.

Me and Amy took a ride up to NH for a British car show aka "Show of dreams" We were split on what car/cars to take... We had a choice of one or both Triumph's, the Mini, Amy's Midget, or the prize the Austin Healey... We opted for the Healey since her parents weren't going and it was the Featured Mark of the show.

It was fun, we won 3rd place in our class which is awesome since this car is not a full frame off restoration like some of the cars there. It's a great car to drive and cruises nicely at 75 on the highway... Passing people and they are completely confused by it... lol

A few pics.

The car we took. 1960 Austin Healey 3000 Mk1, BN7 1 of 2,284

I can say I think we were the ONLY two seater Healey there...

Semi circle of the other Healey 3000's there.

1st place car

such a happy car

Even though it was all alone...

I love the white walls on this car

Yeah... Awesome project.

Of course... In a Bentley...

And the 380HP SC'd V6 Jaguar F-type...

All Pics

It was a fun day to just get away and not worry about crap around the house... Sunday on the other hand, I spent that day pounding out a RR bearing on the Legacy to change it out, as well as mixing and matching timing components on the Beretta to figure out what I want to go with temporarily... Ended up with factory gears and just ordered a new SA Chain and dampener... Hopefully it lasts long enough like until I get my DRTC setup fixed, no idea how strong a SA Chain is going to be... I am NOT using the cheap SA gears though.

Got Lope?
    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS
Working...
X