Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfire Mysterie

Hi,

we had problems with our Lumina 98 with 3.8V6 Series II engine. Once or twice a year if it was cold the engine does misfire. If we stand up the car for a while the enginge runs fine.

On beginning this year the engine misfire more often. So then I had an trouble code about the egr does not close, we replaced the EGR valve and failure was gone.

No 6 month after replacement it misfire again. No trouble code, no vacuum leak (used 2 bottles of starter spray on the whole engine)

I drove the car last week every day to my work and back, and the engine does not misfire.
    On Weekend we drove in the city the engine does misfire again. Every time we break and slow down.

And its misfire ever the engine does warm up. So I think it have something todo with egr but I don't know what I can do.

We replaced TPS, EGR, spark plugs, spark plug wires, lower intake gasket upper intake plenum, pcv valve.

Videos about the problem:

Best regards McLin.

Moved to off topic since the L36 is not a DOHC. It should get more views here.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

That is a tough one. All I can do is guess and that guess would be the ICM.
      95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
      High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
      Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

here some datas from cold engine and misfiring.
        Attached Files
        Best regards McLin.

Comment

Working...
        X