1993 Grand Prix GTP drag car project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Grand Prix GTP drag car project.

Hello. I have had this 1993 Grand Prix GTP in storage for a few years now. Naturally the 3.4 DOHC in this car is blown up. I have always liked this body style. Been wanting to make a drag car out of it. Car is not going to be street legal. So I don't have to worry about all of the emissions that NY state requires. I do have in a wrecked Buick Reagle a NA 3800 with a tranny. Motor and Trany run and work good. Is this something worth messing with? I also have a 3100 in a 02 Grand Prix with low miles. Tranny is also good. What do you guys think? What's the better route? Or is there better motor tranny combos?

image.jpg

3500 turbo has gone 10s in a Z24
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Coming to this forum we are going to tell you turbo 3400 or 3500 or even 3900! All good options and different ways to go about each. Whatever auto transmission you go with is going to need work done to it to withstand the power. Manuals you could get away with just welding the diff but it won't last long.
      14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

I will agree that a turbo is the way to go. What about a 3800 super charged or a NA motor?

Comment

Originally posted by FastZ34Lumina5 View Post
          I will agree that a turbo is the way to go. What about a 3800 super charged or a NA motor?
          Well ya... but a 60*v6 is way cooler
          14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Someone gave me a 3100 todsy in a Buick Reagle.

Comment

Originally posted by young gun View Post
              Coming to this forum we are going to tell you turbo 3400
              if a certain member could be convinced to sell the brackets necessary, there is the route of supercharged 3x00 as well, which would be fantastic for a drag car.
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

It would be neat to build the 3.4DOHC that is in the car already. Not many parts avalible. My only prob with going turbo. Is that there is no one around me. To help me get it tuned or set up right. I'm not going to lie. I don't know much about turbo set ups.

Comment

image.jpeg

The car has finally made it to my house.

Comment

Wow! It looks great!

Comment

Working...
                    X