3900 2006 Monte Carlo hard start right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3900 2006 Monte Carlo hard start right

Hi all, well, it's been a pretty long time since I was on here and I recently got a happy b-day message from here and I've been having some issues with my Monte also....I figured maybe someone can help with my problems.

I have a 2006 Monte 3900 with about 98K miles on it, nothing crazy, just a basic tune from Will @ Overkill for mainly getting rid of the 'tighten gas cap' CEL, a cai and dual magnaflows. The problem is right after I pump gas and go to start the car it doesn't want to start, battery cranks fine and it seems to sputter and almost sounds like a pop like out of a carb, but I guess that is coming from the intake? It's been like this for a good year or so but it seems to be getting progressively worse to the point I feel I could be doing damage to the motor? I've done the online search thing and all that but really haven't figured anything out that it could be. I hate to take it to a mechanic for him just to throw parts at it and hope something gets worked out with it. It only happens right after pumping gas and trying to start the car. I've only put gas in it twice over the last 3 months due to being a recent 'dislocated worker' from a company that decided to move it's facility to Mexico....If anyone here has any good suggestions I would love to hear them to get this thing back to being somewhat reliable and looking for a new job....Thanks everyone, very much appreciate the help....

Chris

Did you ever found out what was causing the issue?

Comment

nope, ordered this and gonna try this first.

ACDelco 214-1473 GM Original Equipment Vapor Canister Purge Valve

Comment

Working...
      X