fuel pump repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump repair

Hi everyone. That's a 1991 Century 3.3 L.
    Its fuel pump failed, and I was wondering, whether it will make sense to try to fix it or I have to replace it not to waste time?
    Wanted to ask your opinion, as I wanted not to waste time and $ if not needed....

the fuel pumps themselves are not rebuildable, you cant buy parts for them.

one thing is gm vehicles of this era are known for melting the fuel pump wiring inside the tank. pay close attention to the wiring, it may actually be whats causing the problem. however, if the wiring is melted the pump is likely not far from failure. the melted wiring causes a voltage drop and the pump ends up running on low voltage and that takes its toll on the pump. i recommend looking for a pump kit that has the internal tank wiring with it, even if its not melted, its such a common issue it should be dealt with to keep the car reliable.

also dont forget a new strainer.

Comment

Thanks, I thought that it's possible to fix it... Now, I've got one more question to you please. What if I buy an aftermarket pump, something like this https://www.carid.com/airtex/fuel-pu...-mpn-fp29.html or another alternative... Is it a good idea? Should it last you think?
      Thanks

Comment

the link you posted is for a pulse damper, thats not a fuel pump.

Comment

Working...
        X