M60V6GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M60V6GA

Not political...just having fun with current events and the state of this site. Facebook was cool for a while, but I need something more deliberate than logging into an app. You can't just find this place. I left just about every car related group a while back and I don't miss most of it. I miss the motivation of seeing how I can help other people with their 60V6. I am currently motivated, unfortunately, by the same factors that started my business 15 years ago. Improvements can be made. This doesn't need to be a central hub for all things involving 60V6s, which was the idea in 2003. Too much effort for too few people. At most I expect maybe 3 views within a week This site wasn't built in a week. Or a month. It was years. I've probably got time. Fingers crossed. That "Not Secure" shit at the top has to be the first to go.

Any issues with this site, hit me up sappyse107 @ 60degreev6 dot com. Ill let Brad know:P hahahahaha
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

right on, if I can be any help, feel free to let me know. I too have gotten pretty sick of FB in many ways, I left the 60V6 group after people got mad when I told someone it wasn't a 3800 page...
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

At this point, I don't know where to begin. Ill create some more topics with the dyno testing that R&R Motorsports and WOT-Tech are going to be doing, which is near future at this point. Didn't do anything with the Alero this year...and who know what will get done in the winter. Engine test stand for sure...building a 3500 for a customer so I need to have that done. Its end of life for all the pushrod engines so we can probably wrap up the family tree. I guess this site is up to the members as far as what should be done...if anything I think the downloads section was borked before....maybe still is? I haven't even checked. Just knocked the dust off my password.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Glad to see life coming back to the site. This site in general and you Ben in particular have been very helpful to me.
        Ed

Comment

It has been a couple years at least huh:P How are you? Truck still running good?
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Hey, I'm right up there with wanting to get back involved with the site, and honestly, I am open to looking at the settings and turning off some (or all) of the social media plugins. I haven't had a 60V6 in years, and haven't modded one in even longer. But that doesn't mean I don't want to continue to help keep this site an active part of the community. It's just sad that it took a major data breach to the site (and basically a loss of the entire database) to get me to start paying attention again.
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
              It has been a couple years at least huh:P How are you? Truck still running good?
              I'm good, thanks for asking. Actually it's been 5 years since you helped me get the jeep tuned. The 3.4L hybrid runs very well and does everything I ask it to do. This may refresh your memory:

Attached Files
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Ed

Comment

Sweet Jeep! 3.4 hybrid huh? what transmission and transfer case?
                "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Because of the limitation of space (length) and the 4:88 gears, it has a T5 (need the overdrive), Dana 300 t/c, Dana 44 rear and 30 front end. No rock crawling for me just the Forest
                  Service roads and hills of the Washington's Central Cascade mountains so the transmission does just fine. Just spent 2 weeks in the mountains and the Jeep performed well.
                  Ed

Comment

Oh crap, its a jeep! haha, I knew it wasn't a car but I was thinking it was an S-10. I bet its a lot of fun with more power...probably better MPG as well
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by 45es View Post
                      Because of the limitation of space (length) and the 4:88 gears, it has a T5 (need the overdrive), Dana 300 t/c, Dana 44 rear and 30 front end. No rock crawling for me just the Forest
                      Service roads and hills of the Washington's Central Cascade mountains so the transmission does just fine. Just spent 2 weeks in the mountains and the Jeep performed well.
                      I love it! got a build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post

I love it! got a build thread?
                        Sadly, no. I've had the jeep forever and this was the latest evolution. After returning from Vietnam, I bought it from my mother's neighbor in 1970. Actually, my history goes even further back in time. As a young boy, I would ride around in the fields in the jeep with the neighbor while he did repairs to his property. Through the years, there were an untold numbers of camping and hunting trips in the jeep. While camping, I would often load up all the kids in camp and we would go off for an adventure to a trail to hike, lake or even a creek to explore. It has a lot of history in our family.

The reasons I chose the 3.4L as appose to a 4.3L engine were because of the limitations I placed on myself. I wanted a fuel injected v6, I didn't want a body lift nor was I willing to cut up the body to accomplish the installation. The 3.4L being slightly smaller than the 4.3L fit my requirements well and as built as a hybrid engine, produces good power. With regard to the engines power, when I contacted Ben about helping me tune the engine, I told him that I was using the small port generation III heads. His comment was, "why do you want those heads"? Sorry Ben but I never answered your question. The reason was that I was not building an engine for all out, high rpm power up top in the rpm curve. With the small port heads, long tube headers and a 260H cam by Comp Cams, it gives me good power just off idle and pulls hard to 5000 rpm if needed but spends 90% of it's time closer to the 1200 to 2500 rpm range. It will idle up hills and/or cruse the highway with ease. It's built with a different mindset and needs than most here. I am more than pleased with my choice.
                        Ed

Comment

sounds like an awesome little rig! it makes it even cooler that it's been more or less a family vehicle for over 50 years!

Comment

Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
                            sounds like an awesome little rig! it makes it even cooler that it's been more or less a family vehicle for over 50 years!
                            Thanks. Very much appreciated.
                            Ed

Comment

Working...
                            X