Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Tips

I have a couple of (probably) dumb questions about exhaust tips:

-Do intercooled tips really make any difference in performance?

-Do the tips with resonators change the sound a lot? And if so would it be for the better or for the worse (Monza tips are really ugly, they can't possibly make a car sound american)?

-If I go from my stock tips to something with a larger outlet (like 3 1/2" or 4") will it sound better?
    --Rob
    Currently attending Wyotech, Fremont, CA. Start Date: 1.24.05. Grad. Date: 4.21.06
    1992 Chevy Lumina Z34 5 Speed FOR SALE $1400 AS IS RUNS WELL

I thought the intercooled tip kept the tip from melting you bumper?

Yea tips w/ resonators change the sound alot...almost all of those import mufflers are just large resonator tips...

...why do you need a tip that big?
    67 Olds Cutlass 2bbl 330 w/ 2 speed Jetaway

Comment

Re: Exhaust Tips

Originally posted by blk92z34getrag
      I have a couple of (probably) dumb questions about exhaust tips:

-Do intercooled tips really make any difference in performance?
      Not at all
      -Do the tips with resonators change the sound a lot? And if so would it be for the better or for the worse (Monza tips are really ugly, they can't possibly make a car sound american)?
      Like quantum said , they sound ricey and awful
      -If I go from my stock tips to something with a larger outlet (like 3 1/2" or 4") will it sound better?
      It won't sound any different unless it has a resonator and you will see absolutly no performance gains from it.
      Save your money and buy a catback system if you want performance. If you just want sound then just get new mufflers.

Comment

I tried some tips but it just wasn't the deep sound i wanted so i got my money out and bought a Dynomax duel exhaust system with 2 sweet dynomax performance mufflers man it sounds nice now.
        1995 Cutlass Supreme 3100 SFI
        Cold Air K&N Filter
        58mm TB
        Dynomax Duel Exhaust with Performance Catalytic Converter
        FFP Underdrive Crank Pulley
        1/4 mile 15.65 at 90.8 mph

Comment

Well I've got flowmaster 40 series mufflers now with an American something 18" glasspack... just check my cardomain. But I've got stock tips and I was just wondering if those had any benifits.

Thanks for the answers.
          --Rob
          Currently attending Wyotech, Fremont, CA. Start Date: 1.24.05. Grad. Date: 4.21.06
          1992 Chevy Lumina Z34 5 Speed FOR SALE $1400 AS IS RUNS WELL

Comment

Working...
          X