Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming a factory keyless entry remote control

Hi All,
    Anyone know how to program a factory keyless entry remote control for a 93 Cutlass Convertible? I picked up a replacement and I can't figure it out. It is not the newer kind that came out in the late 90's.

Thanks,
    Stan
    1994 White Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4 DOHC
    Add Ons: Overhead Display, Digital Dash, Trip Computer

locate the black pulg by a ant. and ground it to the car, you should here them going off and press the button you want to program. I think thats correct
    4+4+2=10 for Oldsmobile

96 Cutlass Supreme SL IV

I have 5 Gmail invites to give out

Comment

Thanks cutlassdude96,
      I'll give that a shot tonight when I get home. I believe it is the same remote that you have for your car. Here's a picture, but this picture is from a 95 vehicle, but the remote appears the same.

Thanks again...
      Does anyone else have any other ideas in case this doesn't work or isn't correct?
      [/img]
      Stan

Comment

thats pretty much it....ground that plug (I always just touch the antenna ground screw), KEEP it grounded while you press any button on each remote (gotta program both remotes, not just 1) each time you hit a button, the locks and trunk release will click.
        Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
        3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
        Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
        2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
        TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

Rhedalert,
          Thanks for the tip on the remote. I need to get some batteries for the remote, then I'll let you know how it worked.

Are those the 95-96 seats you have in your signature picture? If so, did those bolt right in or did you have to do some customizations for it? Since I don't have lumbar controls like you, I was just wondering if they bolt right in.
          Stan

Comment

yeah they're '93 Cutlass Convertible style with the rear buckets, but all w-body seats interchange with each other from '88-96. My 89 originally had lumbars, but it doesn't make a difference with mounting to the frame. My sister also has seats from a '96 in her '93 Cutlass. Only problems you'd encounter would be if you tried to fit '97+ Grand Prix/Regal in.
            Brian

3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
            2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB

Comment

Hi Rhedalert,
              I picked up a couple driver info display's and was wanting to wire them into my cars. I can't find the harness for it, so I figured it either runs straight to the convienance center or it uses a splitter from the speedo (which means I need another cable). Figured you might know since you have an International. I tried hard wiring so the clock and lights work. I have the lights working, and the clock/date, but the clock date won't keep time. I wired the small orange into the lighter wire, but it didn't work. I tried using the lighter the other day and it doesn't work now, so I figured I made a bad connection and will redo that. So, if you don't know where the harness mounts, do you have a schematic for it or know where to get one? I'm sure I can figure out which one is for memory to keep the time, but would rather make it all work if possible. Too cold to go to the junkyard this time of year :-)
              Stan

Comment

I ended up making a custom harness for it when I was 18 (did a crappy job but it held up) for my '90 Cutlass base model. I think it's 11 wires, I have a schematic in my book but I'm better off telling you what each wire is for:

reference: C1 is the blue plug (7 wires), C2 is the black plug (4 wires)

C1:
                Orange= current, hot at all times (memory)
                Pink/blk: current, hot in run
                Yellow: dimming (VF display)
                grey: dimming (backlighting)
                black/white: ground
                lt blue: english/metric switch (optional)
                black: ground

C2:
                orange: serial data line
                dk green: vehicle speed output
                purple: fuel gage sender output
                black: ground

most of these wires can be spliced into the cluster harness. Let me know what year/options the car has and I could direct you to the best locations
                Brian

3400 SFI V6, 4T60e

Comment

Rhedalert,
                  WOW - That's pretty impressice that you have the schematic.
                  I am trying to put it in a 1993 DOHC Cuttlass Convertible. The under dash wiring looks exactly the same as the 1992 3.1 that I have (as a point of reference).
                  I already have the male/female harness and I thought I would find where to plug it into, but couldn't. I found one that looked exacly like one of the plugs by the speedo, but I followed it down and it only went into the fog light switch (which is located on the gear shift board).
                  I do have HUD, so I figure I could wire from there, but I was scared to damage it since they are so hard to come by. I did see one on ebay yesterday and it was going for $25 as of now - In case anyone else wants it.
                  Looks like c2 is where I would totally be lost - Any help is appreciated....

Thanks!!!
                  Stan

Comment

Do you have the electronic climate control unit? All of the cars I see at junkyards etc with the ECC, and NO driver info system, GM tapes the plugs onto the ECC harness to hide it up in the dash, but being you have a '93 it may not be there (I don't think Olds offered the computer after '91) If you have the electronic climate control, then you can tap into the serial data wire right there. All of the other splices can be made at the cluster. I assume you have the analog 6-gage cluster, I should be able to give you the pinouts for said wires (for splicing) let me know when you need it.
                    Brian

3400 SFI V6, 4T60e

Comment

I have the auto temperature control unit. I think in 92 - 94 the difference is that the defrost is actually on the climate control. I'll look again, but the only thing I saw there, was the harness for the HUD. I didn't have HUD in this car, but put it in myself after realizing I had the connection.
                      Here is a picture I found on the web- The climate control is exactly like this one.

Thanks Dude - Let me know if you need anything. I owe you
                      Stan

Comment

Working...
                      X