Bush is like Hitler...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush is like Hitler...?

Let me start off by saying that I think this guy is a total moron (along with all of his buddies). But this articlejust brings it to light even more...

Originally posted by CNN
    "Like Bush and the neocons, Hitler and the Nazis inaugurated their new era by destroying an architectural monument and blaming its destruction on their designated enemies," he wrote.

Barrett said Tuesday he was comparing the attacks to the burning of the German parliament building, the Reichstag, in 1933, a key event in the establishment of the Nazi dictatorship.

"That's not comparing them as people, that's comparing the Reichstag fire to the demolition of the World Trade Center, and that's an accurate comparison that I would stand by," he said.

He added: "Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush, so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler."
    Really? The last sentence is what really gets me. This guy seems to be taking Hitler's side.

Just figured I'd get some other people's views on this. I know that this board is filled with liberals who hate Bush, but I'm just wondering if anyone would ever try to compare Bush with Hitler...
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

hitler did so much that there are bound to be coincidental similarities here and there, but i'd not go as far as comparing the two. hitler was completely evil and trying to wipe anyone off the face of the earth that didn't fall into his perfect person mold. bush is just a dolt who is going through things as a puppet with the hands of cheney and rumsfeld up his ass controlling things, doesn't have one brain cell that thinks for himself, and is satisfied using the lives of our troops for personal vendettas and profits. he's not an evil mastermind like hitler was, there's no comparison there. hitler knew how to make people go along with him.

Comment

End of WWI, germany is forced to pay huge war reparations that cripple the German economy over the next 10 years. Germany is on the verge of collapse, people are literally starving to death in the streets because they cannot afford to eat.

Hitler uses this to his advantage and becomes a great cheerleader and makes new jobs building a new Fatherland. (Without the war reparations, Hitler wouldn't have had a leg to stand on.)

The Autobahn and companies like Volkswagen and Bavarian Motor Werks were all built under Hitler's supervision.

Instead of placing the blame for Germany's downfall on France and England, Hitler uses mistruths (and fear tactics to keep them in place) to convince the people that it was not France and England, but a widespread conspiracy of non-Aryans (especially Jews) to destroy Germany from the inside out.

Heck, watch some of the propaganda films that came out of Germany during the late 1930s. The subtitles will make your hair stand on end. It's creepy.

So, while Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld seem like they're out to control the world, very few middle easterners have been gassed in an effort to wipe them off the face of the earth. I haven't seen advertisements for Government-sponsored Koran burnings.

Sure, the rules contained in the Patriot Act wouldn't have passed without 9-11. I'll give you that. But look at the changes the German government underwent under Hitler shortly after the Reichstag fire. It's not like the Patriot Act contained a Constitutional amendment to eliminate the Judicial Branch and half the words in the First Amendment.

The Constitution still exists. We still have a Bill of Rights. We are still America.

I may have said a few unpopular things in my lifetime, but to insinuate that any world leader today is "Hitler incarnate" is an insult to anyone who fought in WWII.
      I wish I still had my sixty degree.
      Subwoofer Tools

Comment

I'm not in the US so I am not touching this one!!

Comment

So far estimates of 30,000 to 65,000 of Iraq's people have died from US arms.

Although different motives for bush and hitler, I believe both have commited crimes against humanity.

It is hard to discipher all the shit in the news, at one time I believed bush and his goal to 'free' Iraq, but with all the Halliberton stuff, I think the whole administration MAY be guilty of mass murder for profit. One problem is that we the people cannot investigate them.

The other issue I see is that some Americans don't have a problem with attacking Iraq to control their oil. Hell just say it already. We are here for your oil bitch, now shut the fuck up or die.

sorry for the foul mouth....
          95 MC Z34 Black
          Running strong with new engine, transmission, brakes and suspension.

Comment

hitler was on a power trip and had total power no strings attached exept his homosexual psycological dependecies(yes,i belive he was gay).
            bush, is the president of the u.s.a. someone called him a pupett,the u.s is has the strongers economy any desicions made will effect the wrold having an effect on the pockets of the puppettiers.ALL THE U.S. PRESIDENTS HAVE BEEN PUPETTS .

NO COMPERISON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            i just love to watch the wheels turn around and around

Comment

No, not all of them. Our most recent . . . even as much as people couldn't really stand Clinton, he was a really good pres. he was more of a diplomat than either Bush has been, and kept us in relative peace with the rest of the world during his terms. Like him or hate him, he also made the office of president seem more human than just a figurehead. He proved that even the president is human and makes mistakes and that we don't need a straightedge, never pissed anyone off type president.

Anyways, comparing the two is a bit extreme. Hitler in no way is like bush and vice versa. Bush is a completely inane, inept retard that can't even speak proper southern, and I honestly think most of his agenda is fueled by daddy Bush who I'm sure dumps quite a bit of money into his sons administration. I also find it morally wrong how Bush and his crew have been pressuring many of the Baltic countries to change also (last year they were calling the government of Belarus a tyranny, and that it needed to be stamped out), even pressuring Russia to start developing their oil processing industry (Russia sits over top the largest natural oil reserve in the world, but they don't have the economy or industry to extract it), even offering the Russian government money to start development (probably at a certain percentage of return, too). I'll be happy to see Bush outta office. At least Hitler had the support of his people for most of his reign (except towards the end of WWII), Bush on the other hand has only been running on a 50-60% approval rating the last 6 years, most of the time much lower than that.
              N-body enthusiast:
              {'87 Grand Am SE - 3.0 90* v6} / {'93 Grand Am LE - 3.3 90* v6}
              {'98 Grand Am SE - 2.4 Q4} / {'99 Grand Am GT1 - 3400 60* v6}

Current Project:
              {'90 Chevrolet C1500 Sport 350TBI}

Comment

Amazing the things you can say in the U.S. and get away with.

Typically it's the run of the mill political shock value statement and further proof that ones propensity to be foolish, stupid or a mixture of the two increases linearly with knowledge base.

I did not vote for Busch but I do believe we do more harm than good by exercising our right to disagree with his decision making or the lack there of "too" indulgently. He is the president and where ever we can afford to I think it would be better to put untested "perfect" judgement aside and unify in support or at least hold our peace.

What I find more appauling than anything president Busch has done so far is the hypocrisy of Americans and the many naturalized citizens from all over the world who come to America and reap its many blessings and at the same time bad mouth the country and the government that has made it possible to achieve wealth and success above and beyond the country of their birth and heritage.

Most of America is clueless and believes that if the U.S. would just mind its buisness and leave other countries alone everything here would be fine and we would never have anything to worry about except maybe North Korea.

Let's be realistic, the problem with war the way the U.S. goes about it, is the effort to try and make it humane at the same time. War is about killing and destroying, two actions that are inherently inhumane, you try to avoid harm to non combatants where you can, but that's not always possible.

And last but not least, "lottie dottie everybody" makes mistakes.

Comment

I really think with our country, a large part of the problem is the amount of people that DON'T go out and vote, and then raise hell when politicians do something that they don't agree with; and the number of people who have absolutly no care as to how our government works or what our politicians are up to.

But, when it comes to our "perfect" system, it really irritates me when I hear our politicians stouting that the US is the best country in the world, or that we're the most advanced or whatever, but yet we fall far behind many other countries in-so-far as their treatment of their citizens.

It's a sad fact that more than 85% of americans (mostly the early 20 somethings and the elderly) don't have any type of medical insurance (myself included due to a medical condition) and without coverage, it's hard if not impossible to find a clinic that's willing to admit you, and if you do the costs of just an office visit is ridiculous. How many other countries provide basic medical care for it's citizens? Why can our country not do the same? Do we really need to spend billions of dollars every year in military research and development when we could be putting most of that money towards other more constructive goals?

It's also sad that the literacy rate of the US is far below that of any other first world country, and our public schooling systems are most of the time a joke, but yet our governments (federal, state and local) spend nearly twice as much money on city development, tax breaks or other "secondary concerns" as the do on our education system. Bush is a prime example of how our schools are failing, and it becomes a point of joke for other countries in the world, and makes us look pittiful.

I'm sorry but I can't really show support for a government that can dump money and aide into a country over seas who suffers a natural disaster the instant it happens, but yet when a natural disaster happens on our own shores, spends 3 MONTHS pointing fingers and adjusting blame from one politician to another before any REAL assistance is put forth.

IMO, I really think our politicians need to start acting more like the representatives we elected them to be and less like party puppets that are only advancing their careers and party agendas.
                  N-body enthusiast:

Current Project:

Comment

I share many of your sentiments Prophisier and one of my goals is to get involved in politics specifically for the purpose of making our healthcareless system better. I just stopped knocking Busch because it indirectly makes me a friend of the enemy.

On the same note the people of this great nation are also a part of the problem. It's getting tougher to provide excellent healthcare at todays litigation prices. In most patients minds doctors are perfect and if something goes wrong the doctor must be incompetent, there is very little recognition of the fact that some things can't be helped no matter how the lawyer twists reality in the court room until the jury has to convict in order to make it stop.

There are people lining up to get something for nothing, I once listened to a guy blame the candy company because a piece of candy he new was hard broke his tooth when he bit it.

The lawyers pretty much never loose even when they loose because they still got paid to prosecute or defend. They even get away with slighting their clients.

Comment

You're right about the litigation costs, which also drive up the cost of malpractice insurance, which drives up the cost of the doctors office visits. I think, also, it has a lot to do with the insurance companies who're running a racket and not enough people are willing to say enough, and when there is a class action lawsuit, the companies can draw it out wth one appeal after another (in doing so, it also drives their rates up - they have to pay for it somehow). I just feel that americans and american corporations should be acting as humanitarian as they say they do. It's sad that private organizations and agencies of the government can spend billions of dollars in foreign aide, but they can't help our economy. We have lower class who are milking the government and living better (in most cases) than the middle class, they have access to better health care, dental care, employement options, etc. while the middle class aren't making enough to qualify for these free or reduced programs, leaving them to pay for their own health, dental, auto, homeowners, flood, life, etc insurance plus their bills and cost of living, wll the while the government taxes the property you own, the income you collect, the utilities you use . . . and at the far end of the spectrum, the upper class can afford all that's said and done, but aren't taxed as heavily as the middle class. And then there's the jerrymanderng of city districs . . . this region is a prime example of that, all to bundle certain constituents together to influence the representative vote. Bullshit. If people payed more attention to this kind of crap, maybe they would care a bit more and actually get involved.
                      N-body enthusiast:

Current Project:

Comment

Darwin was right EVOLVE OR DISSOLVE in this case involve and solve.
                        i just hate to pay the high price of health insurance ,i agree , the gov. should try to help espellialy the people need (in real need).and you find'em mostly in the middle class the working class too rich to get freebies(which we payfor in taxes,and when in need they say no!).and too poor to afford the high cost of insurance,may be not too poor ,but damn ! i could pay rent on a second house for what i pay in heath ins. and that's just premium.i can't even afford to get sick or get a check up the bills get pile up just on a simple check up.and if you sick call the doc. office you need 2-3 weeks for appt. man, i should have set an date wth my illness.i though the canarians had a bad system ,but may be it may
                        not be so bad ,any point of view from owr canarian friends ,on there medical system.
                        i just love to watch the wheels turn around and around

Comment

Bush is like Hitler, thats no comparison... Hitler was smart and did somthing for his contry.. bush is an idiot
                          VIDEO Acadian http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...7f00197eea.htm
                          VIDEO Chevette http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...500156e11b.htm

Six-t-Six Motorsports
                          2.8L Chevette Roadcar
                          3.2L Acadian Racecar

Comment

Hitler was articulate.
                            Bush is not.
                            Hitler killed without abandon. With no real direction. (Not understood anyway)
                            Bush does not.
                            If Hitler had polls, he would be at 99.99%, forced of course.
                            Bush isn't.

Clinton kept us in relative peace. Mostly ignoring the future.
                            That's why Bush is having to clean up. NAFTA comes to mind.

Wanna compare people? Compare Hitler to Hussein, Kadahfi, Bin Laden, oh, that idiot in Korea that thinks his nuke is a "Big" thing. There are a lot of others, and more to follow.

This could have been stopped in the 60s. But, the crying asses forced us to draw at a war.

It's WAR! Not conventional, but it is still War. People will die. That's a fact.
                            Let's pull all our troops back home. Then you can guarantee an all out win.

For the terrorists.

Now, the Democrats are going to blame Bush for everything. Some guy had "relations" with a page. It has been going on for years. Never came up till this years election. Huh. How convenient. (Every election is always the same, dig up the dirt)

Oh, it will probably be GWBs fault that the low pressure system in the Bahamas will NOT become a hurricane. Because if it did, and caused damage. It's Bush's fault. Katrina was, right?

Bush Bashing is so lame. He was handed a bag full of shit, that he has to step through, without touching any of it.

Let me ask one question. IF, John Kerry would have won the election, and were President, 2 years later, what would be different?

Now, having vented, does anyone really think that talking , (to the terrorist faction), will bring a resolve? Or, do you make a stand and say "Not on my turf!" I choose the latter. It's #1 on the list.

Say what you want about health care and all of that, but, go live in the countries that don't even have running water.

We get so soft, we get freaked over the smallest stuff, and lose touch with the big picture. Take my cell phone and I'll die.

I am SO glad, I live in a country that can, and will stand up! And..By The Grace Of God, I hope it stays that way.

Hope I pissed someone off, at least it's nice to know there is intelligence, and thought out there.

Nice thread Brad. Comparing Hitler to Bush. Raised my hackles!

And I'd rather be poor here, than anywhere else in the world.
                            If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm just glad to see someone finally take the Republican side... Here is something else to add to the discussion.

The next time you hear a politician use the word "billion" in a casual manner, think about whether you want the "politicians" spending YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a look at New Orleans . It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division .

Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress for $250 BILLION to rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number, what does it mean?

A. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of New Orleans (every man, woman, child), you each get $516,528.

B. Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.

C. Or, if you are a family of four, your family gets $2,066,012.
                              -Brad-
                              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                              sigpic
                              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
                              X