NASCAR and other stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR and other stuff.

Hey guys! It's coming up! Yeah, just cars turning left.. at 200mph....NFL sux. College football is over. (Sorry Buckeye fans)

Any thoughts on Toyota ? I think it's Un-American. But that's just me..

Also time to get your lil' V6 ready for the track....What ya got this year?

If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
    sigpic

As much as I agree that Toyota seems to be un-American, they are producing cars in the US now and will soon be the #1 auto maker in the world. I just hope the cars don't dominate like the trucks did. It will be interesting to see how they far again the rest of the cars though... Oh, and I almost grabbed the countdown to Daytona code from NASCAR.com and posted it over here... lol.

As far as my lil' V6... Its currently parked, and probably will remain that way most of the year. :S
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Almost....http://aolsvc.sports.aol.nascar.com/

I live there..

But, from a true fans view, not many Toyotas hauled moonshine.

But money talks. And times change.
      If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
      sigpic

Comment

Not many Fusions either.

Plus I don't see where the big deal is. None of the current cars even come close to matching there "stock" counterparts. Hell NASCAR has been anything but "stock" for the last 20 years.
        Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

exactly. my view on nascar is if the car was fwd, it has to stay fwd. i beleive the only car currently run thats factory rwd is the charger.

as for toyota, i think its a welcome change. im not sure of nascars ruling, though i think its something that the vehicle has to be produced in north america. well, toyota is doing that now, so they should be welcome to join. toyota shouldnt be frowned uppon, after all, they are picking up all the blue collar workers that gm and ford are laying off. oh and if they start dominating, nascar will just slap the rules on em like they did when dodge came back.

Comment

I hope tony stewart wrecks a lot of toyotas this year. Why? why not? hahaha! He can drive a toyota too for all I care.

This year is already getting crazy for me. I hope to get some other people's cars moving well at the tracks. We can see what 13+:1 does in a pushrod, nitrous on a built 3400, and hopefully what I can do with a built/low mile 3.4 DOHC and a 5 speed. Maybe 14s cause I am pathetic with the speed shift:P

Good times.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I hate the fact that Toyota is coming over to the nascar cup! NASCAR is like the only American sport left with American cars! I find it hard to beleave that Toyota didn't have a 350 v8 which is required, then all the sudden they have a strong running engine capable of winning If you ask me they straight up took chevys 350 and slapped their name on it- if you listen to a Toyota idle it sounds like a chevy that pissing me of the most! O yea im a Dale JR fan!
              Last edited by americanz24; 01-22-2007, 12:44 AM.

Comment

You do know that Toyota is not the first foreign car to race in NASCAR. Also, Ford stopped making a 350 V8 years ago, yet they still race. The 358 Dodge uses doesn't have any production heritage in it. It was make from scratch in the design room and running within months. Finally if you kept up with your NASCAR info, you would know that it's WIDELY believed that Bill Davis Racing (BDR), while having factory support from Dodge, helped Toyota make it's first NASCAR V8 for the truck series. Dodge sued BDR because of this. Chevy had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Jesus... when will people realize that its not about the brand, but the engine builders...

1992 Lumina Z34 5-speed
                  2001 Corvette Z06 6-speed

Comment

#3 oops #8 fan here. Toyota will bring more drama. Hope it doesnt drive another manufacture out tho... COME ON Busch Clash, uhh I mean Bud Shoot Out!!

My 60degree was doing good until 3hours ago when I noticed my daughter and son pushing it into the drive way. Spark, no fuel but smells like a gas station. This out to be fun.
                    2004 Grand Am GT 3400 ... I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability.(Ron White)

Comment

Originally posted by americanz24 View Post
                      I hate the fact that Toyota is coming over to the nascar cup! NASCAR is like the only American sport left with American cars! I find it hard to beleave that Toyota didn't have a 350 v8 which is required, then all the sudden they have a strong running engine capable of winning If you ask me they straight up took chevys 350 and slapped their name on it- if you listen to a Toyota idle it sounds like a chevy that pissing me of the most! O yea im a Dale JR fan!
                      first, the rules are that the vehicle run has to be built in north america. well, most toyota cars sold in north america are built in the states now, like the trucks. with engines, chevy had a 350, ford had the 351, but those are just cubic inch figures, realy means nothing. chevy doesnt make the 350 any more, nor does ford have the 351. im not sure what toyota uses, i beleive its a dirivitive of the 5.6l truck motor, and thats an all toyota motor. sure it may sound like a chevy, it likley has the same firing order and most v8s sound alike anyways when your talking race motors.

Comment

Id like to see them downsize the engines anyway. Thats whats happened over time on both the street and track sides anyway. Be interesting to see what todays engineers could do with less cubes. Hell I thought it was cool when the Busch cars were running six cylinders. Maybe some of that technology would trickle down to us a little faster.
                        2004 Grand Am GT 3400 ... I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability.(Ron White)

Comment

that is a very interesting concept. i would like to see some more modern technolgy applied, such as fuel injection and DIS/COP ignition. when was the last time a production car came with a carb and distributor, 20 years ago??? i also think that not only should they have to use something thats a dirivitive of what they built for production, i think the motor needs to be something that is CURRENTLY used in production. this would allow things like the ford mod motor, lsx motors, new hemi, ect.

years ago the discussion started with nhra pro stock and fuel injection. the idea was efi, everything tunable, and the cars had to have a flat hood, no big scoops. will it happen??? hard to say, but there is plenty of technology for it. again, carbs havent been used on cars in 20 years, get with the times.

Comment

One of the reasons why carbs are still around is safety. Mechanical fuel pumps are still in favor because if the car should flip or knock a fuel line off, a carb'd engine will die immediately, shutting off the fuel pump as well. NASCAR is uneasy about electric fuel pumps for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by sprucegagt View Post
                              One of the reasons why carbs are still around is safety. Mechanical fuel pumps are still in favor because if the car should flip or knock a fuel line off, a carb'd engine will die immediately, shutting off the fuel pump as well. NASCAR is uneasy about electric fuel pumps for this reason.
                              Also because, electronic management would allow for the "cheaters" nascar wants whats basic-no room for anyone to have an advantage!
                              It would be preety cool to see what todays manufactor would have the edge stock for stock! I still like the chevy monte though!
                              Off topic,
                              It sucked when chevy backed out of Indy car with the 3.5L v8, the last year i guess was 05 and they had only 2 cars one team that stuck with them-did pretty good too!

Comment

Working...
                              X