No announcement yet.

NASCAR and other stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thing is, if they employ an impact sensor oto shut the fuel off much like ford has done since the late 80s, there is no problem. efi can be made just as safe as a carb. and i realy dont understand how efi can be easy to cheat. if they still have restrictor plates, there is only so much power they can make.

Comment

I agree. It's not hard to put in rollover switches to control the fuel pump. Also how can you cheat with EFI? Unless their talking about traction control, but you need wheel speed sensors to make it work.
      Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Im undecided on the efi. ok it brings us into modern times. Brings in a WHOLE different set of engineers and attitudes. But the history of NASCAR(stock cars)(which im fond of refering too) says make that bitch fast enough so the law dont catch us.AKA backwood engineering. My line of work. hehehe.
        2004 Grand Am GT 3400 ... I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability.(Ron White)

Comment

nascar has not been stock sence the late 80's they are taking fwd cars puting them rwd they are taking 4cyl&6cyl and puting in 8cyl they are taking 4 door models and making them 2 doors i and failing to see the stock part in this they should go back to the way it was when it was stock car racing !!
          and i am not to happy about toyota joining the cup series with them in what is stoping the rest of the imports from comming
          01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

^^ not happy with NASCAR for allowing the joining of Toyota....now Nissan and f-ing Honda what in no bull shit there wait and see....the only part stock are like the shape of the car and even that it has a diffearnt front bumper and longer wheel base......Hear Jack Roush;s opinion on Toyota? He hates Nascar for allowing it! Roush says that Toyota is hungray for drivers and are gonna be paying top dollar for the top drivers to leave their ride to join them Roush said that means he would have to compete by paying up to double for each driver-he said if that happend and it would only be a matter of years before he would be bankrup and be forced to dropp out

Comment

Hmmm... Wanna hear some interesting facts I heard last night while I was watching some NASCAR stuff? Many GM and Ford vehicles are now made in factories outside of the US, while most Toyotas sold in the US are made in the US. Dodge is now owned by a company outside of the US. And Toyota is not the first "foreign" car to have raced in NASCAR. MG raced back in the 60s or 70s. I'm not saying I'm for Toyota being in, but I think it'll make things interesting. We'll just have to see after tonight.
              -Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Well, the first night started off with a bang. Or at least ended with one. Jr. got a little bit antsy and caused a mishap.

Shit, he caused a crash.

I don't see Toyota as a threat.
                If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                sigpic

Comment

i dont think we will have to worry about toyota this year !!!!!
                  01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by americanz24 View Post
                    ^^ not happy with NASCAR for allowing the joining of Toyota....now Nissan and f-ing Honda what in no bull shit there wait and see....the only part stock are like the shape of the car and even that it has a diffearnt front bumper and longer wheel base......Hear Jack Roush;s opinion on Toyota? He hates Nascar for allowing it! Roush says that Toyota is hungray for drivers and are gonna be paying top dollar for the top drivers to leave their ride to join them Roush said that means he would have to compete by paying up to double for each driver-he said if that happend and it would only be a matter of years before he would be bankrup and be forced to dropp out
                    The only truly stock pieces used are the hood skin, roof and floor pan. Everything else is custom.

Jack is full of shit as well. Toyota is doing nothing different with there hiring practices than what is already done. People buy each other out in NASCAR everyday, now there's just another buyer.

Read the section "Toyota Over Spending?"
                    http://www.jayski.com/teams/toyota.htm

Comment

NASCAR Officials are getting tough...

And....You asked for it, you got it. TOYOTA

Mikey Waltrip. Crew Chief suspended indefinitely for qualifying infractions.

"I swear it was just oil in my intake, not jet fuel."

NAPA loves this guy. I used to. Hey NAPA! Get Mike a decent intake gasket, and that damn oil will quit getting in there.

This is going to be an interesting year.

Boogity! Boogity! Boogity! Let's Go Racin' Boys!
                      Last edited by RednBlack; 02-14-2007, 07:52 PM. Reason: duh
                      If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just read about it. Both the crew chief and VP of competition at Micheal Waltrip Racing were suspended indefinitely. But I don't think this was influenced by Toyota. Mikey and his team decided to do this and got caught so I don't know why Mikey is still lieing about oil in the intake. NASCAR confirmed it was not jet fuel in the car, but a rumor going around says it was sterno mixed into the fuel. Also NASCAR confiscated that entire car will not allow it to race. I think Mikey and the rest of the team should be ejected from the race instead of just fined, suspended and parts taken away. It's the only way to get the cheaters to stop.

"Ty Norris, the general manager of Waltrip's team, insisted that it was not Sterno: "No, no, no, no. They found some oil in the manifold and said it shouldn't be there," Norris said. "They thought something was amiss. So we changed manifolds, and had the same issue. We showed NASCAR we thought it was blow-by engine oil."

I love how the cheaters will say anything to weasel out of trouble. If that engine had that much blow-by, it wouldn't of been in the car.

Comment

Well, sadly, my driver's crew cheif got suspended as well (Kennseth). I found out about it by a co-worker hangings a "CHEATER" sign on my monitor while I was out of town on a business trip on Mon and Tues. Its sad that with just a simple sheet of paper, I was able to narrow it down to him being the one hanging it there. Oh well... Chad Knaus was suspended last year for 4 races, and look where Jimmy Johnson ended up.
                          -Brad-
                          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                          sigpic
                          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by RednBlack View Post
                            This is going to be an interesting year.

Boogity! Boogity! Boogity! Let's Go Racin' Boys!
                            Like I said....
                            sigpic

Comment

After watching Michael today, and knowing his style all these years, I feel his appology was sincere.

It's a shame when your crew does something to your car, that you know nothing about.

His toughest criticism came from his 9 year old daughter.
                              Mommy, why did Daddy cheat the rules?
                              That will burn your toast.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X