14.91@93.8 mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.91@93.8 mph

Got two more runs tonight. the second was a 15.026@93.91 mph but my 1st run was 14.916@93.85 mph baby!
    I still need to work on the 60' time. i tried diff launch rpm but still end up with much the same. 2.281, 2.288, 2.284 deff consistant! a nice set of drag radials should fix it. but yeah the DOHC deff needs more low end. but 14.9 baby!

video: http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...14911strun.flv

previous run last week:
    Video: http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...t=MVI_0541.flv

THAT! is awesome... If Ben ever gets around to working on DOHCs (My bad...LQ1) again....

What timing do you run?
    If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
    sigpic

Comment

sorry thats my little secret... cant give out all my tricks lets just say im runing 93 and colder plugs and leave it at that.

im thinking of trying to retune for 89... but im happy where it is at right now.
      ***update***
      well i finally checked my scan from my second run. and with the car in 2nd gear, it shifted into 2nd at a wopping 45mph ant 6200 rpm

the file i loaded into the car was telling it to hold 1st until 6800rpm and 52mph so i guess there is something in the 4t60e that if you have it in something other then OD.

on my first run i forgot to logit, but it seemd to shift where i told it when i had the car in OD... the only thing was it shifted into 3rd just before the trap. i could have hit the 6800 rpm marker i deff didnt hit the 95mph point i had in there.

here is the scan:
      Last edited by z34phoenix; 02-18-2007, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Shh, its acoustic. Im working on LQ1s, on the DL.

Good to see 14s NA What are you plans now?
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

plans... finish the GTP then all hell will break loose on the Z

in about a year the Timing belt will be due again. so i'll do the timing mod,
          pull the heads port them, prob deck them, valve job, trany upgrades,

im waiting on an update to an old thread about a short runner or variable runner upper intake... that would be interesting to see the gains. im also kicking around a few other ideas...

so basicly the monte will be getting a new life a little over a year from now.

anyone know how much power NA the LQ1s are capable of pulling? with the tuner i have made some nice power gains down low, but still looking for more... the timing mod should help. and if i can pull off a set of mod'd upper intakes (either short runer or variable runer)

bottom line low 14's to (if everthing is perfict) i hope to crack 13's without crackign the trany lol

Comment

Working...
          X