1st night at track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st night at track

this was my first run of the night, also the slowest but my only win lol 17.704@77.25mph

2nd run a little faster but lost by quite a bit 17.677@76.63mph

last run, i was supposed to run vs my friends GST but some asshole cut infront so ended up lining up wita a mach one which you could see i got ate up and spit back out... although it was my best e/t...17.534@77.96 he ran a 13.860@100.47mph

i got to work on my lauch and r/t though any suggestions????
    sigpic
    97 cutlass supreme
    3100 sfi
    cai
    ud pulley
    pu dogbones
    #14 rapidfires
    magnacore wires

That one mustang ran a 17? lol was it a v6?

Man you have a high 1/4! I cant read the slips really so not sure on your rt/60ft time. I would suggest a new oxygen sensor (denso, check out sparkplugs.com) if you haven't put one on. Is your CAI a true CAI? or sucking hot engine air? Not familair with rapid fires but if its a single platnium tip then it's likely hurting your spark performance. I run the normal old school Ac delcos and they are great. Some of those multi prong sparkplugs are just gimmick. Exhaust work would help you, new down pipe/etc back is best but a high flow cat, no resonator and straight through muffler on back would be good. Manderl bent 2.25" or 2.5". I noticed a difference just eliminating the resonator and stock muffler and I'm still running stock 200k cat and 2" factory pipe.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

put the stock parts back on and get back into the high 16's
      Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
      3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
      Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
      2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
      TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

i figured out what killed me, bad spark plug wire i was running on 5 cylinders, i started pulling them the #3 cylinders was off the wire was cracked oh and that mustang ran a 17 cause he was riding dirty on 20s lol
        sigpic
        97 cutlass supreme
        3100 sfi
        cai
        ud pulley
        pu dogbones
        #14 rapidfires
        magnacore wires

Comment

i was about to say i think a 3100 should run better then high 17's my gp was stock and had a sticky thermostat and was running at 220 the whole time i was at the track and it was running mid 16's with heavy ass wheels
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro 30th Anniversary 5Speed.
          3800 V6 (i know its not a 60degree)
          stock for now

--------------------
          1993 Special Edtion/GTP
          3.4 DOHC V6 LQ1 SOLD!
          CHIPED,CAI,EXHAUST 2 1/2 SUMMIT TURBO MUFFLERS & NO CAT,,AC DELCO RAPID FIRE PLUGS,
          180 STAT. FUTURE MODS,50,000v COILS,FFP PULLEY,FFP DOGBONE!
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          VIDEO http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2020589230

Comment

yup that was the problem for sure...i replaced the wires and cleaned the spark plugs... ran a again and ran a best time of 16.561 @ 82.1 mph
            sigpic
            97 cutlass supreme
            3100 sfi
            cai
            ud pulley
            pu dogbones
            #14 rapidfires
            magnacore wires

Comment

i havent ran my car with the 180 stat,chip,exhaust,cia,wire,plugs.... i really want to but i live in MI and everyday the track has been open for test n tune it has was snowing so they didnt run !!! onl yin MI will it be 70 in apirl one day and then snow the next! im looking to at leat hit a high 15 low 16 i think it might be a little better seeing the engine was running so hot last time i think that was the main problem for my slow times
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro 30th Anniversary 5Speed.
              3800 V6 (i know its not a 60degree)
              stock for now

--------------------
              1993 Special Edtion/GTP
              3.4 DOHC V6 LQ1 SOLD!
              CHIPED,CAI,EXHAUST 2 1/2 SUMMIT TURBO MUFFLERS & NO CAT,,AC DELCO RAPID FIRE PLUGS,
              180 STAT. FUTURE MODS,50,000v COILS,FFP PULLEY,FFP DOGBONE!
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              VIDEO http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2020589230

Comment

Working...
              X