1/4 mile times ??????? 3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 mile times ??????? 3.1

Hello has anyone run there 3.1 down the quater . I have a 1994 pontiac grand am . And would like to know what to expect out of it. It is stock right now . I have heard a 4cyl running mid 16s sec . Anyone run there car . Thanks BB

Early 3100s will run mid to low 16s stock.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I've seen them run as high as a 17 second pass as well.

Comment

Yea I going run it tonight down at engishtown raceway see what she will run . Feel like 16 . my truck ran 17 teens and this has way more balls .

Comment

According to my G-tech (which may or may not be accurate) I got a 16.307 on my 95 grand am with a 2.25" exhaust and an intake on a cool, -15C february night.
          1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Yea i hook up my father g tech that I bought for his b day never could get more than 1 good run but I recorded 138 hp question on your exhaust system 2.25 all the way back from cat ? and what muffler are you runing .

Comment

It's just from the cat-back with a flowmaster delta 40. I really should have went for a 2.5" setup but nice 2.5" exhaust tips are hard to find. HP figures on the Gtech's are even more sketchy unless you know the exact weight of your car. I got 101 net HP (net = after transmission, aerodynamic and rolling resistance takes it's toll) based on a 2900lb car.
              1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

What would a 2000+ 3100 run with the same weight in the car? CAI, PCM tune, and lighter Rims?

Comment

Eh I dunno man. I've walked MANY 3100's w/ my '90 3.1 5spd w/ 240k on it, and a handfull w/ my auto '91 w/ 152k on it. Something about those motors or cars that's not all straight.
                  '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

The newer 2000+ 3100s should be faster as they have the better flowing heads and intake/exhaust manifolds that the 3400s use. Better flow at higher RPM allows them to peak at 175HP rather than choke at 155HP.

Unfortunately, many of the small-port 3100s were run by inferior PCM setups (OBD1.5 is reportedly slower than OBDII with the same powertrain) and all were set up with very tall gearing (Grand Ams had a 2.95 FDR + a 1st gear going to 40 MPH at a 5500 RPM redline). There's still potential for them though as there's solutions for either of those issues.

But hey, I like the challenge my car's giving me on improving it. Can't wait to see how it'll do when I finally get the piles of upgrades I have installed.
                    1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Well I ran it last night 16.845 82. mph Need to do somthing about the trans shift to late 5500 valve float city and lifters too .Anyone out there that changed the shift points I know its electronic trans maybe a chip . This motor is wasting to much time on the redline . And Im shifting manual same thing .

Comment

Quarter mile times

I ran (first ever drag pass),

R/T ... .972
                        60' ... 2.484
                        330' ... 7.077
                        1/8 ... 10.966
                        MPH ... 63.32
                        1000 ... 14.322
                        1/4 ... 17.212
                        MPH ... 76.21

with my automatic Firebird, bone stock.

My best pass

R/T ... .999
                        60' ... 2.426
                        330' ... 7.000
                        1/8 ... 10,862
                        MPH ... 63.71
                        1000' ... 14.201
                        1/4 ... 17.047
                        MPH ... 79.14

With only 24# inj and 1.6 roller rockers. Once the turbo is finished, I am expecting low 14's.
                        Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 04-14-2007, 12:39 PM.
                        Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by handshift View Post
                          Well I ran it last night 16.845 82. mph Need to do somthing about the trans shift to late 5500 valve float city and lifters too .Anyone out there that changed the shift points I know its electronic trans maybe a chip . This motor is wasting to much time on the redline . And Im shifting manual same thing .
                          I'm surprised you are floating at 5500. At 5500 my car shifts and was still pulling in stock form.

Have you tried letting the tranny shif on it's own? There is a delay between shifts and if you shift it manually, it will hesitate to keep the shifts soft.
                          Links:
                          WOT-Tech.com
                          FaceBook
                          Instagram

Comment

Yea the best time was the manual shifted and the second run was with 1 thousands 16.855 that was left in over drive . but it strugles to 5500 and its wasting time .Each run after that was a little slower 16.89,16.99 i dont hve the tickets but about the same times as you regarding 60ft and 1/8 mile . i just workrd on my lights ..103 was the best . i firgured I run 20 $ gambles next week . But I dont like beating the motor . Its my daily driver. !bb

Comment

IIRC .103 would be a red light at a sanctioned event if it is based on a .500 RT. These R/T's are at a test n tune, they would be considered .499 .472 in racing. .620 RT should be a goal if the rules haven't changed this year.
                              Links:
                              WOT-Tech.com
                              FaceBook
                              Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X