z34 v. civic si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z34 v. civic si

my friend with a 2007 civic si keeps talking trash and wanting to race me. his si is stock except for a cold air intake, my 1992 z34 has a 60v6 chip, just put new spark plugs, k&n air filter, high flow mufflers (cherry bomb glasspacks) and rodded out cat. i was just wondering if my car has enough to back me up with or if i should go ahead and shut up. any advise is appricated seeing as i have little knowledge of jap cars.

I would replace the cat first. A z34 can run 15s 16s or 17s, so its hard to say how yours will do.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

im pretty sure that stock, those si's run about a 15 flat
      2006 AWD TBSS 12.538 @ 106.92 1.66 60' Bolt-ons only

Comment

I'd run him and if he wins you now have a reason to mod mod mod

Comment

The new SI with a Cold Air Intake can run mid 14's on a good day at a good track.

The Z34 with those mods might run a mid 15, so I would bet on the Civic.

Dan
          ModernGMcars.com

Comment

Originally posted by fastdan View Post
            The new SI with a Cold Air Intake can run mid 14's on a good day at a good track.

The Z34 with those mods might run a mid 15, so I would bet on the Civic.

Dan
            idc how old this thread is...mid 14's eh? ok. hey i just put a turbo on a crx it runs 9's in tyhe quarter.
            '96BerettaZ26- Med Adriatic Blue- FINALLY swapped '04 Impala 3400, Comp Cam, Comp 26986 springs, TCE lifter springs, WOTTECH Comp ported U&LIM, TCE 65MM TB, LM 4t60e~~~Looking for 3400 Downpipe

Comment

i know how old it is-it was made on 08-28-2007 02:51 AM so its 1.5+ years old :P this z34 could be blown up or tt by now lol.

Comment

Quote: Payback (idc how old this thread is...mid 14's eh? ok. hey i just put a turbo on a crx it runs 9's in tyhe quarter.)

Is this a joke, did I miss something here. I'd like to see pics of this crx if it isn't a joke and or time slips

Comment

Payback (idc how old this thread is...mid 14's eh? ok. hey i just put a turbo on a crx it runs 9's in tyhe quarter.)

Is this a joke, did I miss something here. I'd like to see pics of this crx if it isn't a joke and or time slips

When it really comes down to It I REALLY HATE COMPUTERS

Comment

Its sad that a stock si will take 75% of the cars on here...

They are cool ass cars though, I really like them
                    95 Beretta- Lg8 Daily Driver
                    94 Beretta z26- First ever 5-speed 3500 L body- In the works.

Comment

the car is also 10-20 years newer than ours, and I for one haven't lost to any stock year civic si ever. I don't like them. I like rare cars. not cars you see all the time and are some generic car on the road.

Comment

no kidding-civics EVERYWHERE

Comment

wanna hear a good one. my buddy thought since hes never been in my gtp since it was slightly modded at the time. thought he could beat me in his 2000 civic si cold air intake catback exhaust. all winter he said that. and my gtp is parked in storage for winter. so I said I'd race him in my 96 BUICK CENTURY w/kn cone filter 3100 just to shut him up. I kid you not..... I can even send you the video if I find away to get it to you. I blew him off the line, he slowly passed me, and by 90mph he won by nothing really my front bumper was alighned up with his front fender. soo it shut him up, for awhile than hes talking shit about my buddies 04 gp 3800 and then they race and loses to him by 3 car lengths at 100mph.

Comment

Originally posted by choppester View Post
                            Quote: Payback (idc how old this thread is...mid 14's eh? ok. hey i just put a turbo on a crx it runs 9's in tyhe quarter.)

no you didnt miss anything it WAS in fact a joke.
                            '96BerettaZ26- Med Adriatic Blue- FINALLY swapped '04 Impala 3400, Comp Cam, Comp 26986 springs, TCE lifter springs, WOTTECH Comp ported U&LIM, TCE 65MM TB, LM 4t60e~~~Looking for 3400 Downpipe

Comment

the gutted cat is hurting more than helping. run a pipe through it so it looks like a real cat, or just get rid of it all together.
                              \m/ Carlton \m/
                              99 formula cam only 6.0, 440rwhp, 4500 stall, dana 60
                              03 silverado hd
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X