New Personal best.. and record for monte NA DOHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Personal best.. and record for monte NA DOHC

Went to the track tonight and bested my already fast time of 14.91 (previous record for an NA DOHC in the montes)
    new time 14.81! trap is a little lower then my 14.9 but had KR issues on that run... sadly my serp belt lost a rib while in the staging lanes before i got a second run.... so only got one run tonight... aparently one run was enough...

http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=4948

FYI (for you inocents) he said "truckin sweet"
    Attached Files

6800 RPM PEAK? Yikes!!! You sure are winding that beast out!

Nice times!!!! So, you beat the other guy by your reeaction time and 60'. For a FWD car, that is an impressive 60.....what have you done suspension/tire wise on this car?

Comment

my previous PB was at 7150rpm! held it in 2nd gear. but that was before my gear swap... now i have no choice but to use 3rd.

i got 245/45-17 tires, eibach springs upfront-stock Z34 springs in rear, KYB-g2's all the way around, GMPP trailing arms, poly engine and trany mounts.

im disappointed in my trap speed though... if you watch the video and see the scan at about 66mph and 2/3's the way down the track the tires spin... had to be something like oil or crap on the track. i deff dont have the power to break them loose at 66mph... or at least i dont think so... lol

my website is www.Z34phoenix.piczo.com got a full list of mods there.

Comment

With G2's no less! Even MORE impressive then Where did you get poly engine and trans mounts from? I wish I would have known about those before I put my engine in.....

Your trap speed is going to drop with a better 60...don't sweat it. Every time I run a 2.00 60' in my Camaro, my trap speed drops about 2-3mph and my ET by a couple tenths as well. What sucks, is that your trap speed tells you about your HP.....and of course, you don't want to see that drop!

Comment

yeah im confident that if my tires didnt slipp like that down the track i would have had a similar trap speed to my older PB. also it prob would have been just enough to click a 14.798 or something.

the poly trany mount is from ZZP it is their own mount they sell. as for the poly dog bone... Fast forward performance no longer exists.... so no luck there.

Comment

Nice run!! The mustang only did a 14.9 though?
            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

14.8 makes you the fastest active automatic owner. Congrats!
              I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

Comment

:-D nice... 14.7's were possible if that belt wouldnt have ripped... but between the tires spin at the end and the KR a tune and another run would have been enough to land a 14.78 possibly

Comment

good shot.
                  The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Working...
                  X