13.1 @ 109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13.1 @ 109

Something went wrong after this run. Have to get my compression tester from my buddy but I think I lost a couple rings
    1994 Chevy Corsica. Parted out. Just a rotting shell now
    Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
    Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
    1997 Ford Ranger Splash
    Daily Driver

very impressive. up the boost a hair and 12s. You can probably hit 12s now if you got that launch down with no spin
    2006 AWD TBSS 12.538 @ 106.92 1.66 60' Bolt-ons only

Comment

Yea. I was hoping for a 12.9 last night but didnt happen. Oh well. Im wanting to up the boost to 12psi, and put slick on the car. That should hopefully put me at a 12.5 but depending the out come of the damage that I find, this car may not see 12s on this setup.
      Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
      Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
      1997 Ford Ranger Splash
      Daily Driver

Comment

You need straight up slicks. Do you have a LSD installed? If not, you will need that too along with some beefier axles. I think a set of custom axles will cost you about 700.00 if you don't already have them.
        Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Nice times!
          Past Builds;
          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
          Current Project;
          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

I would get an LSD but Im not waiting for EP to decide to send it to me so no LSD in this trans. I have the spare diff to send but not the patience. Im sure the axles will hold. Im trying to limit what I do to the trans as it is still a stock trans and dont expect it to last with this kind of power
            Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
            Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
            1997 Ford Ranger Splash
            Daily Driver

Comment

So what exactly do you mean something went wrong and why on earth are you racing without a datalog going at the same time? That could provide valuable info as to what may have happened as well as any tuning needs.

13.1 on 6 psi is very impressive, you're a small step away from exotic car performance, quarter wise. 12 psi would probably put you right on top of 12 flat considering what 89jy did with his stock 3400 and 10 psi considering your engine is moded.

You need a big intercooler if you don't already have one and a 5 speed transmission, or just loose about 100 lbs.

I sure hope my car puts down some nice numbers when I get it to the track or dyno.

Dave you have to turbo your car, with your setup 6 psi would probably snatch the front end off.
              Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I was logging the run but it was something that would show on the things I had going. Once I started digging I found out its something simple and not engine. lol. The diaphragm in my vac. modulator on my trans blew out so all the smoke I thought was from rings or headgasket is actually trans fluid being sucked into the engine. Itll be fixed tomorrow. Its already intercooled. See my thread in the Members Rides section for pictures. Only weight I can really lose from the car is my sub box. Everything else weighs nothing or its not worth the trouble to remove. With Full traction and full stall launch I can see 12s as it sits
                Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
                Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
                1997 Ford Ranger Splash
                Daily Driver

Comment

Good deal on the engine being ok.

How's that thing feel on the street?
                  sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                  1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                  16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                  Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                  Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

What are your intake temps under boost?

Comment

Havent driven it since last Saturday night/Sunday morning. lol. I havent had a chance to put back what I took apart yet but will tomorrow but normal everyday driving it just fine. I put somewhere around 500miles a week on it depending on the week. Gas mileage isnt the best but my foot isnt the lightest either plus its been at the track almost once a week for the last almost 2months

Intake temps? HA what are those? lol. Thats one thing I need to do still is install that. I want to find a threaded one (Quad4 i think) before I install it so I dont have to worry about blowing it out
                      Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
                      Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
                      1997 Ford Ranger Splash
                      Daily Driver

Comment

I have a threaded IAT, PM me if you're interested.
                        Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

I thought all of these cars had IAT sensors. That strikes at the heart of turbocharging and is at the top of my list of things to fix since my inlet temps are over 212 deg at 7 psi, if I take that down to 112 deg with intercooling and water/meth injection I stand to gain about 30 hp.

You need to know and I'm curious considering your IC is partially shielded. If your temps are around 140 you have some more work to do because you have room to do better, possibly move it up higher or down lower or get a bigger one.

The more you can squeeze out of 6 psi the better and I still say being able to get that car into the 12 sec zone on just 6psi is very impressive, and one more reason why Fiero members on the Fiero forum need to wise up and ditch the iron head motors when they're looking for more power in a V6, they're still opting for the 3.4 and 3800 which barely outshines the 3500.

It's a shame GM never brought it back, I believe the Fiero would sell nicely given the fuel costs of today and that it's probably smaller than any two seater sports car they make right now particularly that Saturn Sky. Oh well, the good die young.

Comment

I do have an IAT but it just sits in the engine bay right now. Its just a push in style so it will most likely pop out under boost. Back when I first had it put on with the factory intake tube it was reading close to ambient temps while cruising around 75-80 but I never checked it under boost. Ill be doing that soon

I found a Fiero in Ocala that Im thinking about trying to get. Its pretty much been abandoned in a storage lot for the subdivision my grandparents live it
                            Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
                            Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
                            1997 Ford Ranger Splash
                            Daily Driver

Comment

Plus it takes FWDrivetrain so they wouldn't need new RWD engines like the soltice and sky use.. And the handling and traction are awesome. I think the Sky looks better but the Fiero GT still looks damn good as well.

You need to know IAT! Plus the ECM will pull timing when it heats up (and you can edit that too in the tables to tune it well) so you can put in as much as you need and pull it as it gets hot. The turbo will heat up the air a decent amount.
                              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                              Original L82 Longblock
                              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
                              X