No announcement yet.

13.1 @ 109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im well aware of the IAT stuff. Ive been working on it but Ive been more concerned with keeping it moving then I have that. Im sure everyone is well aware of how repair happy this damn thing is.
    1994 Chevy Corsica. Parted out. Just a rotting shell now
    Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
    Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
    1997 Ford Ranger Splash
    Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Upson View Post
      I thought all of these cars had IAT sensors. That strikes at the heart of turbocharging and is at the top of my list of things to fix since my inlet temps are over 212 deg at 7 psi, if I take that down to 112 deg with intercooling and water/meth injection I stand to gain about 30 hp.

You need to know and I'm curious considering your IC is partially shielded. If your temps are around 140 you have some more work to do because you have room to do better, possibly move it up higher or down lower or get a bigger one.

The more you can squeeze out of 6 psi the better and I still say being able to get that car into the 12 sec zone on just 6psi is very impressive, and one more reason why Fiero members on the Fiero forum need to wise up and ditch the iron head motors when they're looking for more power in a V6, they're still opting for the 3.4 and 3800 which barely outshines the 3500.

It's a shame GM never brought it back, I believe the Fiero would sell nicely given the fuel costs of today and that it's probably smaller than any two seater sports car they make right now particularly that Saturn Sky. Oh well, the good die young.
      The IC is huge already, that's why it is partially obstructed.

I was surprised with the output when we wrapped up the install. The boost hit like a ton of bricks and came in nice and early. I tried something a little different on his car, contrary to logical thinking (collector to turbo inlet design). I will will touch more on the subject when I use the same theory in mine, and see if it still holds true.
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        The IC is huge already, that's why it is partially obstructed.

I was surprised with the output when we wrapped up the install. The boost hit like a ton of bricks and came in nice and early. I tried something a little different on his car, contrary to logical thinking (collector to turbo inlet design). I will will touch more on the subject when I use the same theory in mine, and see if it still holds true.
        I finally changed out my lights so I need to get with a buddy here and fix my piping so I can move it over and center it finally

I think all three of us were surprised at the car on the first run. Hell it still surprises me
        1994 Chevy Corsica. Parted out. Just a rotting shell now
        Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
        Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
        1997 Ford Ranger Splash
        Daily Driver

Comment

That's tits dude . I'm not a huge fan of corsicas, but am a huge fan of your progress .

With the sky/solstice out I don't see a need for the fiero. Mid engine cars are cool, but gm doesn't need another 2 seater car that will cost (i would assume) around the same as a solstice/sky. But rumour has it they're bringing back the Elcamino on a G8 chassis... Then again, don't see the point in that since the fuel economy in the G8 isn't better than the 1/2 ton pickups... But I don't work for GM corp.

Edit:: I thought when I looked at one of the G8s at my work it said closer to 17 freeway, but checking it out on google I was wrong. With the 6.0 it's rated at 24 mpg hwy. Which wouldn't be bad for a small car/truck. But this is way off topic, I'm getting bad at that...

So what do you think your car would run at 5k altitude?
          Last edited by Z26-T; 07-13-2008, 03:37 AM.
          You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
          ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
          95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

G8 weighs almost 2 tons!! That's what is killing it.
            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
              G8 weighs almost 2 tons!! That's what is killing it.
              That's the problem I've been mentioning for a while now, newer sports cars except for the vette look mean and sound mean but that's about all, G8, GTO, Charger, etc, look and sound like they'll wrinkle the road, and they will because they're so heavy wheel spin is the easiest display of power they can generate.

Comment

It's all the new safety regulations they're using... that and all the freaking control modules. I mean seriously, does a fuel pump need it's own module? No, but they now have one... Haven't scanned a G8 yet, but the yukons, h2s have over 20 control modules... With the corvette they're using carbon fiber fenders, aluminum sub frames, etc. but the cars still weigh a lot. It was funny weighting my dads new truck after buying it. His old 83 which was basically all steel, weighted more than 1000 pounds less than his new plastic one...
                You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
                ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
                95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

Working...
                X