Ran the Turbo GTP tonite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran the Turbo GTP tonite!

Alright, so i went to the track tonite just to see what my inital runs are before i finish my setup. basically i turned my boost down to 6psi, the computer is tuned like garbage, and i couldnt launch the car right to save me. this was my before run and ill get another run after i get the boost to 9psi and install my methanol injection kit and have the computer professionaly tuned.

its ike 2am so im not gonna dig out my scanner ill just type it out and ill get out my scanner tommorow.

Reaction ---- +.2479
    60 ft. ----- 2.2702
    ET @ 594 ft -- 8.7432
    1/8 ET --- 9.2891
    1/8 MPH --- 82.84
    1/4 ET --- 14.1430
    1/4 MPH --- 104.16

So 14.1 is not bad at all on 6psi considering before the turbo it was 16.2 , i just need to learn how to launch the car because i just fry the tires off the line.
    Now i cant wait to finish the project and run it again, im hoping for low 13's high 12's if i get a good launch.

Jake
    GM Goodwrench Tech - GM Certified

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.4L DOHC , 5 Speed Manual Transmission , Turbonetics 62mm turbo, Turbonectics Evolution Wastegate , Turbonetics Raptor BOV , Large Front Mount Intercooler , AEM Methanol Injection , Car is running at 11PSI currently with methanol injection.

Runs 13.4 In the 1/4 with a 3 second 60 foot

If you could get traction that is about a mid 13 second car. Shaving over 2 seconds off from stock.... Gotta love that boost!
    Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Yeah i know if i could only hook up , i was running my BFG Geforce tires p255/40z r17 i have a set of p245/50z r16 nitto extreme drag radials, but im letting my friend borrow them , ill definatly get them back for the next run.

Jake

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.4L DOHC , 5 Speed Manual Transmission , Turbonetics 62mm turbo, Turbonectics Evolution Wastegate , Turbonetics Raptor BOV , Large Front Mount Intercooler , AEM Methanol Injection , Car is running at 11PSI currently with methanol injection.

Comment

Be ready to break some drive train parts! That's one thing I like about being auto trans, but the down side is that the internals of the trans cannot take the beating very long. Atleast my axles will always live snap free!

Comment

well ive got a getrag 284 5speed.
          should take a beating, lol i hope

Jake

Comment

The tran for you is not the concern, the axles and intermediate shaft is going to be the weak link. Hope you have spares of those rare parts. L/J/N body axles will not work. Only W body parts will.

Comment

I had spares then gave them to my brother ( he just blew his motor so i should take them back), im trying to scoop up as much 5 speed stuff as i can right now.

Jake

Comment

don't forget about the cv joints

if you do not mind me asking, how does it feel boosted?

what happens at what rpm now and compared to before boost?
                The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Working...
                X