No announcement yet.

NA Gen IIs Can Haul A$$ Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High 14's are impressive to me in a Sunbird. Mid 14's is my goal for my Ciera. Yeah there are faster cars out there but look at it this way, your car is faster than a 93 Mustang GT. That's pretty impressive considering you have a small displacement engine.

Now if my car can get in the 14's it would be considerably faster than a Mustang of the same year, but then again the 95's were dogs.
    1995 "Driftwood Metallic" Cutlass Ciera

Mods: K&N airfilter, Addco Front & Rear Swaybars, 2.5" cat-back exhaust w/ Hooker Aerochamber muffler.

Down the road: Cam(?), 3400 ported UIM & LIM, ported heads.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988GTU View Post
      Wait until you go boosted. It will get you hooked and you probably will never see being n/a the same anymore.
      WERD! nothing like accelerating hard, then spooling and being THROWN back into your seat!!

"go big or go home!"
      Last edited by MidnightriderZ24; 09-14-2008, 01:04 PM.
      [SIGPIC]
      12.268@117... 11's to come!
      turbo 3400: 358whp and 365tq at 9 psi
      ASE Master Technician. GM Certified.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ibU1k8UZoo
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUqJyopd720

Comment

Hey RedBird, you will find that 60 ft times are extremely important for a good ET. When I was racing with street tires (and a the original mildly modded engine), my goal was to get my 60 ft times between 2.15-2.20, and I was getting ETs that I could live with. I am now running BFGoodrich g-Force Drag Radials, and if I launch right I should be getting better than 2.05 60 fts. With my HP, there is no way that I would be down into the 14s without my 60 fts being that low. I may be able to get lower 60 ft times with a higher launch rpm (right now I'm launching between 2500-2750), but I don't trust my clutch yet.

1995 Gold Ciera, my car was already faster than most stock '93 Mustang GTs with it's old motor. Back then I was running nothing but a HyperTech ThermoMaster and a 160 Thermostat, and I could be most GT autos at the track, and I even edged out a few GT manuals (mostly cause their driver couldn't shift well). That's why I got personalized plates that read "I EAT V8S." Now running the times I am, I am beating alot more V8s than ever before, and some of them are mildly modded. I will admit that some of those cars have been "handicapped" with a crappy driver, but that's not my fault! A win is a win when you have a timeslip to prove it!
        Joe Morgan
        bracketracer
        '93 Sunbird SE 3.1/5-speed 14.869 @ 90.96 Heavily Modded
        '00 Grand Prix GTP Sedan 13.689 @ 100.97 Lightly Modded
        '09 G8 GXP Manual Trans 13.166 @ 106.47 BONE STOCK

Comment

well, i did get a 14.5 last month :P gonna have to wait for spring to get better. That's ok. i know it's quick hehe. Did you manage any more track times this season?

Cammed 3400 --> 224whp 210wtq
          Cammed 3500 --> ???
          1 of 5 3500 J-Bodies

Comment

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get to the track again, and it looks like Mother Nature isn't going to give me another opportunity this year. That's a shame. I wanted to see what the car could do in cool, dense fall air. Whenever I could go to the track, weather didn't cooperate, and when weather did cooperate, I couldn't go. Maybe I can get my headers tweaked, coated, and installed by spring (along with necessary tuning), and then dip below 14.5 myself.
            Joe Morgan
            bracketracer
            '93 Sunbird SE 3.1/5-speed 14.869 @ 90.96 Heavily Modded
            '00 Grand Prix GTP Sedan 13.689 @ 100.97 Lightly Modded
            '09 G8 GXP Manual Trans 13.166 @ 106.47 BONE STOCK

Comment

i'd love to see your car in the low 14's, that'd be great. wish i had some headers i've got a set of 3500 manifolds waiting to go on but it's not quite the same.... doesn't look as cool, for one thing :P

Cammed 3400 --> 224whp 210wtq
              Cammed 3500 --> ???
              1 of 5 3500 J-Bodies

Comment

Working...
              X