iron head 3.1 goes 13.008@104.65 on 9psi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 1989 RS - THE L98 AND LT1/LS1 KILLER
    1LE SUSPENSION AND BRAKE SWAP,3.1L V6 8.5-1 CR, LIGHTENED CRANK,KB COATED PISTONS, CUSTOM 268/272 DUR CAM, CNC'ED HEADS, PORTED INTAKE,CUSTOM TURBO KIT W/ 67MM TURBO(AKA TO4R/Z) 28 PSI, TCI STREETFIGHTER 700R4 W/ TCI 4,500 STALL,ALL RUN BY A MEGASQUIRT ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

#2 95 granprix 3100 all stock for now
    ported heads and cam comming soon, megasquirt ems and turbo down the road

Comment

basically its a stock bottom end.

stock crank and rods with kb hyperectic pistions with coated skirts, the whole rotating assembly was lightened and balanced to spin just over 8k rpms

i routinely see 7,500 ish rpms

moving to the cam it is a custom grind with 268/272 adv duration and just over .500 lift int ex rated power range is 4500-7500 rpms

the heads have been massivley worked with slightly larger valves and massivly reshaped and reworked intake ports,the chambers are stock

the ontake is nothing more then a ported intake with stock tb

the headers are custom built by me,the turbo wastegate and bov are all ebay knockoff pieces.and the intercooler is out of a volvo desil truck

i thinkt hat about rounds out the whoel setup

oh and i run a megasquirt 1 to control everything

edit

forgot to mention this is a stock bore 3.1
      Last edited by project89; 09-20-2008, 03:32 PM.
      1LE SUSPENSION AND BRAKE SWAP,3.1L V6 8.5-1 CR, LIGHTENED CRANK,KB COATED PISTONS, CUSTOM 268/272 DUR CAM, CNC'ED HEADS, PORTED INTAKE,CUSTOM TURBO KIT W/ 67MM TURBO(AKA TO4R/Z) 28 PSI, TCI STREETFIGHTER 700R4 W/ TCI 4,500 STALL,ALL RUN BY A MEGASQUIRT ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

Comment

Wow that's impressive man! Definitel gives me something to think about for the future. I might be thinking further into the 3400/3500 swap but doing something like this with it. I don't think the stock 3.4 will take the boost for long and I really don't wanna pull it out again...yet... Really do like the headers and the intake setup. Just very cool man, have to say I'd rather have a 12sec V6 Camaro than a 10 or 11sec V8 one, not too many of them around.

Comment

A wideband doesn't tell you optimal AF ratios.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
            A wideband doesn't tell you optimal AF ratios.
            i knwo i wont get it optimal without hitting the dyno but the track is just as good as any.

i droped a full second off the et on this thing in one outing at the track with a wideband and the car is still to rich

i see no need to dyno it untill it becomes hard to get any more out of it at the track

Comment

Originally posted by project89 View Post
              incar video is hard ive tried it camera bounces around to much and makes for hell trying to read the quages

i see no reason to dyno the car now now that i have the wideband tunning this thing is so much easier,i was really going to the dyno just for the wideband since 100 bucks beat 350 bucks as far as price.
              just for the hell of it i ran some numbers and come up with about 320rwhp which works out around 385hp at the motor,but this is still not tunned right

i should be able to push this closer to 350rwhp and 41x at the crank without turning up the boost with a lil more tunning
              Um, people take video in car all the time, I doubt your car will bounce around any more than the in-car video I just wached, it was a 7 second pro-mod.

I'm not saying this to be a jerk, but you would probably be very dissapointed in real-world numbers. Those HP calculators are extremely inaccurate, Lance's car just dynoed 281hp/298tq and his car has a best of 12.486 @ 106.89mph (3800II in a 4th gen f bod). You run those numbers through your calculator and see if they hold true. Using simple math, I can tell you the calculator will come up with ~325hp or so using trap speed and ~345 using the ET.

Just like you calculated Loner's car using his trap and ET, saying your car makes more power, but if wasn't spending 2.6 seconds of that ET in the first 60', your HP calcs would change significantly. Just by getting more/less traction doesn't change your power output, but the calculator will say otherwise.
              Links:
              WOT-Tech.com
              FaceBook
              Instagram

Comment

lol well i tried with a digicamera ziptied to the seatbelt loop on the side of the driver seat,it didnt work out well at all lmfao.

when i cage the car im going to fab up a real camera mount

u can only do the calcs on a clean run

another thing about dynos and highstall converters if u dont lock up the converter the numbers will always be low. gota find out if he did lock it up or not on his pull it takes more then 281rwhp to go into he 12's

Comment

lol well i tried with a digicamera ziptied to the seatbelt loop on the side of the driver seat,it didnt work out well at all lmfao.

another thing about dynos and highstall converters if u dont lock up the converter the numbers will always be low. gota find out if he did lock it up or not on his pull it takes more then 281rwhp to go into he 12's

I've got 275 WHP and running 13 flat N/A.. soon to be 12's once I let down the slicks and get my 60' lower than a 1.9
                  Past Builds;
                  1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                  1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                  Current Project;
                  1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Yeah. Most camera's have a threaded nut on the bottom for a tri-pod. You really need to rig somethin up better. They actually make a suction cup mount and it just screws to the bottom of the cam.

Right, Loner's never had a clean run because his first 300' is leaving rubber.

Lance's car is a manual.
                    Links:
                    WOT-Tech.com
                    FaceBook
                    Instagram

Comment

got a picture of that suction cup mount thing

wtf lol did they dyno his car in 5thgear lmao

Comment

got the car tuned some more, also removing the front end suspension limiters
                        other then that i installed new rear brake shoes so we should be able to pull some 9psi instead of 5psi launches

so post up guys best guesses on what the cars gonna run

keep in mind every time ive had the car out we have droped .400-.500 of the et every run

first time out 14.50
                        second time 14.00
                        second outing 13.920 < due to pipes/coupler blowing part only got in the one partial run
                        last outing 13.4
                        final run last outing 13.008

i will go as far as saying a 12.0-12.1xx

lets hear what u guys think

Comment

12.8 or 12.67
                          Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

got a picture of that suction cup mount thing

wtf lol did they dyno his car in 5thgear lmao
                            Ummm, no. How much power do you think a N/A 3800 is going to make?
                            Links:
                            WOT-Tech.com
                            FaceBook
                            Instagram

Comment

Working...
                            X