X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 SHO vs. 2000 GA GT

BATTLE OF THE 60 degree V6's

so stock for stock which car would win the SHO is a MTX

SHO will kill the grand am. It won't even be close.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I agree the ford SHOs are pretty mean out of the box
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3136410

Comment

Yamaha did a great job with the motors for those cars, considering what else was available at the time.
        Remember when Ford put a SHO drivetrain into a Taurus wagon?
        Matt
        2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS sedan
        3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

No competition the SHO would walk all over the GA GT. When the SHO first came out it was running with the Mustang GT of the same year. Granted the Mustang GT's were not all that fast then but for a naturally aspirated V6 to run with a HO V8 was very impressive. IMO

Mark.

Comment

UPDATE I totalled out my car but I only lost by 2 from a 30 roll all i had done was a homemade RAI and catless exhaust not bad I thought.....I jumped him off the launch by 2 and his high ass shift points reeled me in

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car. The important is that your okay, the car can be replaced.

Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by whatever View Post
                No competition the SHO would walk all over the GA GT. When the SHO first came out it was running with the Mustang GT of the same year. Granted the Mustang GT's were not all that fast then but for a naturally aspirated V6 to run with a HO V8 was very impressive. IMO

Mark.
                Indeed, it would be close. The 94-95 302 Cobra had 240 hp and 280 tq, and weighed close to the same—Taurus: 3472, Cobra Convertible: 3257.

The SHO was the fastest family sedan of its day, and took care of two major reliability problems with the Taurus: the 3.8L head gasket eater and the glass automatic transmission. Only issue was that it still looked like any other Taurus. I would very much enjoy having one, but parts are becoming more and more difficult to find, since Ford has no legacy support after ten years.

mfuller, Ford didn't perform that little experiment. Car and Driver magazine did. It was a pretty straightforward swap too. Too bad Ford didn't think it would sell.
                Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

Working...
                X