won't stop raining!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't stop raining!

Make it stop raining so i can race!!!!!!!!!
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Patience Grasshopper!

I'm going on Sunday. First time out ths year.

Comment

It's killing me! Last weekend I nearly killed myself trying to get the car ready and was late getting her done. Then the next 2 days of racing gets rained out.

I'm going to go cry in a beer.
      Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
      PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

MMMM BEER!. Having one myself.

What does your car run? It sounds interesting.

Comment

I have no idea.
          ok thats a lie. I have some idea.

Before I did anything to it since the motor swap. I had a best time of 15.57.

This year, reduced weight, port and polish work, full removal of all emissions, the FAFB converter, and many, many prayers.
          We'll see what happens.
          BUT THATS WHY IT"S KILLING ME! I ain't seen a drag strip in 2 years. Yes, my pussy hurts. I'll stop whining now.

Comment

Well good luck with it and keep us posted.

I'm heading out for the first time this year tomorrow (Sunday), but as I have done nothing to the car since I parked it, I expect it'll be low 14's. No reason to expect anything different.

Comment

First pass, no tire warm up. Sat there and burned them off. 16.0 something.
              2nd pass, heated them up first. Car bit hard, 15.14 sec.
              3rd pass, dialed in 14.8, figured evening is here, its colder outside.
              damn car ran a 15.13. well....atleast she's consitant. the other guy beat me by .03 sec. Time slip to follow. I'm dropping the exhaust tonight before bed. Point series at dragway 42 tomorrow, wish me luck!

Comment

not to sound like an asshole but my 1999 chevy prizm ran a 14.75 in the 1/4 mile, that was with super sticky tires.
                Last edited by gsEnterpries; 05-02-2009, 11:22 PM.
                -Gary
                1983 Camaro 2.8l not much done yet
                1999 Chevy Prizm - typical bolt-ons

Comment

I'm pretty sure you mean 14.75 in the 1/8 mile

that's a mid 18 sec 1/4 mile car.
                  Last edited by Superdave; 05-03-2009, 01:19 AM.
                  Past Builds;
                  1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                  1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                  Current Project;
                  1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Oh I missed something, she weighed in at 2860 Lbs.

Tonight my wife and I just ripped off the exhaust, sans a 24" piece of straight pipe off the manifold, the heat shielding, and the rear bumper. I estimate 200-300 lbs diet.

Lets see what she runs tomorrow.

tomorrow's track dont have a scale, so i won't know the new weight till the 23rd.

Comment

not really the car weighs about 2450 with me in it and a 1/4 tank of gas. I figure it has about 175hp with the mods I've made; CAI, Header, Full 2.25" exhuast, high flow cat, UR lightwieght pulleys, 8.5lbs Fidanza flywheel and clutch kit, TRD short shifter, Yokohama AVS ES 100 tires, and a couple other things.
                      -Gary

Comment

175whp would be a flat 14. i don't know if you meant crank or wheel
                        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                        Latest nAst1 files here!
                        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

120 HP @ 5,600 rpm; 122 ft lb @ 4,400 rpm. There is no way you gained 55 HP with those mods on that engine.. lol

14.75 @ 2450 equates to about 200 crank HP.

I've driven one of those cars, actually one the same year (but had an auto trans).. i could have gotten out and ran faster. It gets great gas mileage though. lol

You can't come on a car forum and BS about 1/4 mile times, it never ends well.
                          Past Builds;
                          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                          Current Project;
                          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

I did not mean that it runs that all day, that was the best that I got over a 3 hour span at the track about two years ago. I was running high 14's-low 15's most of the evening anyway. If I ran it now I don't think I could even that close. She has to many hard miles on her now, delivered pizza with it for 8mos. and you how good that is for an engine.
                            Last edited by gsEnterpries; 05-03-2009, 05:51 PM. Reason: added more
                            -Gary

Comment

I finished 4th out of about 50 cars.

best time, 14.71 sec. Time slip to follow.

She does a nice burn in the burnout box, and I have too to get her to bite, or she sits and spins them.

Got lots of compliments too about getting her to go that fast.

I think the track crews had it out for me too.
                              1. yelled at me for going too fast up the staging lanes, other racers running pro mod yelled back at them to leave me alone, "I drive 15-20 mph too, and you don't yell at me! Leave the kid alone!" Gotta love it!

2. The burn out boxes are weird, they really only are for RWD cars, the way they are positioned, So you have to ask for water. So since being consistent is the name of the game... I would ask for water and they would spray my front tires, I'm in my 2nd round of eliminations and the kid running the hose is gone, track crews made me do a dry burn. It felt like I was abusing my ride. Then the little punk shows up for my next run, ready to spray me down, I waved him off with a flip of the finger.

3. Track crew tells me "clear to burn" I nail it and the dumb shit turns around, looks up the track and steps right in front of my car while I'm in the middle of my burn. I should have hit him. My tires spun that pass at launch, too cold, and I blame that fool.

Comment

Working...
                              X