going to the track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to the track

Well I'm fixing to leave for a 1/8 mile track thats only 25 miles from me. This will give me an idea of what its going to run in the 1/4. From what I've seen it will take about a 9.6 to hit a 14. You all are just as well take a guess what its going to run, will post the results in the morning even if its a 11.0 run.

Well it ran about like I thought it would. 9.56. I tried anywhere from 22-32 degrees timing with not much difference between them. Time to try a smaller cam.

Comment

Cool! What kind of car is this in? That would be a mid to high 14! What was your mph?
      1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
      1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
      1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
      14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
      9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
      14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

Originally posted by 1QUICKHATCH View Post
        Cool! What kind of car is this in? That would be a mid to high 14! What was your mph?
        92 camaro at 71mph. But only a 1.97 60' and thats leaving at 5500 rpm with slicks. Seems to bog off the line.

Comment

Originally posted by 923.4v6 View Post
          92 camaro at 71mph. But only a 1.97 60' and thats leaving at 5500 rpm with slicks. Seems to bog off the line.
          what size slick?

id suggest a 26x9x15 hoosier, i used to run those with the do5 compound which is the softest they make. i could get them to slip just the tinyiest bit off the line wich stoped the car from bogging.

the 26x9 is a light tire as well, run them without tubes and around 14-16 psi of air presure

u still on the stock rear and ds as well? if so dont expect either to last long with that kind of abuse off the line

#1 1989 RS - THE L98 AND LT1/LS1 KILLER
          1LE SUSPENSION AND BRAKE SWAP,3.1L V6 8.5-1 CR, LIGHTENED CRANK,KB COATED PISTONS, CUSTOM 268/272 DUR CAM, CNC'ED HEADS, PORTED INTAKE,CUSTOM TURBO KIT W/ 67MM TURBO(AKA TO4R/Z) 28 PSI, TCI STREETFIGHTER 700R4 W/ TCI 4,500 STALL,ALL RUN BY A MEGASQUIRT ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

#2 95 granprix 3100 all stock for now
          ported heads and cam comming soon, megasquirt ems and turbo down the road

Comment

Hey Shane, you try the stuff I mentioned in the email? 1.97 is kinda high seeing I could pull a 2 flat with my stock motor and street tires.

74mph is what it did in the 1/4 stock 3.1
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

No but it was hooking good that night. It bog when I dumped the clutch. I have 3.73's but I think with the 5-speed it needs a little lower or I need more torque.

Comment

u need to slip the clucth a lil bit, or get the tires to just and i mean just break free a bit,if the car dead hooks its just going to flat out bog,u dont make enough power to just dead hook, when it does it pulls the motor down so low were its not making any power
                #1 1989 RS - THE L98 AND LT1/LS1 KILLER
                1LE SUSPENSION AND BRAKE SWAP,3.1L V6 8.5-1 CR, LIGHTENED CRANK,KB COATED PISTONS, CUSTOM 268/272 DUR CAM, CNC'ED HEADS, PORTED INTAKE,CUSTOM TURBO KIT W/ 67MM TURBO(AKA TO4R/Z) 28 PSI, TCI STREETFIGHTER 700R4 W/ TCI 4,500 STALL,ALL RUN BY A MEGASQUIRT ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

#2 95 granprix 3100 all stock for now
                ported heads and cam comming soon, megasquirt ems and turbo down the road

Comment

Originally posted by 923.4v6 View Post
                  No but it was hooking good that night. It bog when I dumped the clutch. I have 3.73's but I think with the 5-speed it needs a little lower or I need more torque.
                  Just because the tires aren't spinning doesn't mean you are hooking

You need to transfer the weight. 9" slicks and the right setup will get you in the 1.7's for your 60'. My friend has 275rwhp (cam only v6 - Stock class) and hits 1.69 60's and 12.8's with 26x9" and the modifications I told you about. Fastest v6 stock class fbods are doing 1.5-1.6's.
                  Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 05-26-2009, 11:10 PM.
                  Links:
                  WOT-Tech.com
                  FaceBook
                  Instagram

Comment

After changing a few things, if you know what I mean, I'll try those things before going back to the track. 1.9-1.7 should take my 9.5 to a 9.3 mathematically that is which would also be down in the 14's. But now I won't be satisfied unless I get it to low 9's. No then I'll want to hit a 8.

Comment

Working...
                    X