No announcement yet.

Modificaton results for the Achieva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah,. I got to find the ticket but, 14.56 @ 90's something MPH. I think it was 93 or 95.
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
      Kiss the 13.08 good bye if you went that route... LOL

Auto's are for bracket racers, can you guess why people say that?
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        Auto's are for bracket racers, can you guess why people say that?
        I would challenge that,manuals are by no means faster than an auto.
        When transmission shift times in a 4T60E are changed,they are measured in milliseconds.
        You could measure the shift time on a manual with a stopwatch,lol.
        And they're isn't near as much hp loss through an auto that people think there is anymore.

I like to straddle the fence,I love manuals because I am in complete control of the machine. But auto's are faster nowadays,standards still include the driver as a variable.

Comment

Originally posted by DefEddie View Post
          And they're isn't near as much hp loss through an auto that people think there is anymore.
          maybe on an auto that was made in the past 2-4 years or so, but the 4t60e has been around since 1991 and the 65e since 1997, they are ancient in this industry.

the manuals generally get better gear ratios as well. the 1-2 shift on a 60e/65e usually takes most motors out of their powerband. the 2-3 is slightly better and 3-4 even better, but those rarely get used in 1/4 miles...
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post

the manuals generally get better gear ratios as well. the 1-2 shift on a 60e/65e usually takes most motors out of their powerband. the 2-3 is slightly better and 3-4 even better, but those rarely get used in 1/4 miles...
            I agree, the big problem with the 65E is the wide spacing between gears. At least with the LS4 you don't drop out of the powerband, but I can hold second gear to about 104MPH. At 1:1, acceleration sucks in third, but will eventually take you to ~160 if you have enough miles to run....

Comment

Thanks to one of you guys.....

I'm building a 4T65E and swapping that into her this spring. The info about the TCM from a '94 3500 chevy diesel used to control one was too much to let pass.

Besides, now I can easily get posi, those locker 4T65 diffs are everywhere, and and and.....

the guys who did the swap already also did the mods for single chain from a 440T4 and most of it looks fairly easy. This will allow me to go to a grand prix shifter easily enough and I wont have to fab a micro switch shift plate either!

Honestly if i had the money I'd buy the 4T65 Raptor trans and 4k stall convertor from Performance trans, But looking at the siite, I think I can build one.....
              Transmission is what makes it go right?
              sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
              A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
              Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
              Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
              PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

2450! Hell that is 300 pounds lighter than my Beretta!

I don't necessarily subscribe to the 100 pounds per tenth thinking, but maybe I should go on a diet.

And I LOVE MY 3t40!

Comment

Yeah 2nd gear blows on the 4t6*E cars. 1st is perfect I think. Rips very good, but isn't so short like a manual that you blow the tires away instantly. At least now my 2nd gear isn't so bad with the extra power my 3100 has. It still moves now at least, but it could be better.

Dyno a 4t60-e and a getrag 282 with the same motor and you'll see the manual puts down A LOT more power. Plus the auto adds 130lbs more to the front of your car.
                  sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                  1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                  16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                  Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                  Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                    Dyno a 4t60-e and a getrag 282 with the same motor and you'll see the manual puts down A LOT more power. Plus the auto adds 130lbs more to the front of your car.
                    I dynoed the same day as michael from FFP and i actually beat his HP number by like 5hp but he got me by like 8tq lol... he was kinda cracked lol made me . his was a '92 Z34 (284) mine is a '95 Z34 (4t60-e) both had Intake, Exhaust and UD pulley IIRC... same mods. But for some reason i was dynoing higher then all the other auto guys by like 10-15hp.... Must have a Wed. Motor

S
                    Last edited by RedZMonte; 02-11-2010, 12:00 PM.
                    Shane "RedZMonte"
                    2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
                    1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
                    -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
                    2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
                    1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
                    1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
                    1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
                    1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Yeah, there can be differences motor to motor. Stock my car blew away my friends 96 Corsica which are lighter than Berettas. He did have a MAF and was OBDII but the car ran fine, but my car has always seemed to be faster than it should be when faced against comprible vehicles.

Also the 284 is bigger than the 282 and may have heavier rotating parts that make not much difference from a 4t60-e. It would be interesting to compare the same motor (from the same car) with a 282 to 284, and 4t60 to 4t65e. Would be a lot of work to do that but would be very interesting.
                      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

284 DOES have larger parts in it that would sap some of the power coming out of the motor...

kind of like comparing a TH350 and TH400, the beefier ones is heavier and stronger, but looses more power on the way to the wheels...
                        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                        Latest nAst1 files here!
                        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                        X