Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW!! 12.20 in a Beretta

It's a story of two days results.

I BROKE my un-breakable 3t40 on a burnout on a stupid un-prepped track. Just an axle!

Oh and Rodney ran 12.24 @ 118 MPH tire-spinning like crazy in his turbo, intercooled 3500 5-speed Beretta at 11 pounds of boost!!

And this is the guy some have questioned his tuning ability.

It just so happens the Quickest N/A 3500 Beretta and the Quickest Boosted ( Power- adder) 3500 Beretta both live in the same garage and are tuned by the same guy!!

In Canada!

Sucks about your tranny, but the 12.24 is awesome. Congrats to him!
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

OK WRONG. Too much celebrating I suppose.

It's 12.52

My Bad!!

But it was 118 MPH!

Comment

12.52 at 118 actually shows more power than a 12.24 at 118, so the extra celebration was okay ROFL.
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

Nice times, but that doesn't prove he can tune anything short of WOT. Sorry.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
            but that's all you need!
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
              Well my car runs and drives like GM built it this way, gets 25 mpg with the 3:73 and NO TCC, has no idle issues, or surging. Starts and runs perfectly.

My PLX wideband reads 14.8-15.1 continually and goes to 12.0 at WOT at 6000 RPM.

And all the 5-speed guys are scratching their collective heads on why the old man with the 3t40 is STILL quicker than they are.

Must be doing "something" right don't ya think?

Comment

Old? I resemble that statement.
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

12.0 is way too rich..

You Beretta guys need to try harder, there are Jbodies in the 10's and 11's with lesser engines..

Although i know of a certain Beretta that should be in the 11's once completed
                  Past Builds;
                  1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                  1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                  Current Project;
                  1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

You want to argue about who can or can't tune OBD-1 you are talking to the wrong guy.

My 3500 runs as well at any RPM or driving condition of anything I own.

It's 99.99% perfect.

I don't care about bragging rights to tuning or that crap.

It's all silly to begin with.

The time slips and the fact these cars actually exist and run what they do should be testiment unto themselves.

The guy KNOWS OBD-1!

'nuff said?

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                      12.0 is way too rich..

You Beretta guys need to try harder, there are Jbodies in the 10's and 11's with lesser engines..

Although I know of a certain Beretta that should be in the 11's once completed
                      Ya but I'm a suck and won't let him go any further.

And I will not shift past 6000 RPM

That's just me Dave.

And at 118 MPH Rodney is IN the 11's if he can hook the damn thing up!

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        Old? I resemble that statement.
                        compared to some of us, yeah.... but look at 60dgrzbelow0: he's got you beat by a long shot and he's still cool as hell, so there is still hope for you....

middleaged Skywalker...
                        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                        Latest nAst1 files here!
                        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I thought I was the old man here?

WTF?

Comment

Old?...OLD!!!!! Well, Now that you menton it, YEAH

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                            compared to some of us, yeah.... but look at 60dgrzbelow0: he's got you beat by a long shot and he's still cool as hell, so there is still hope for you....
                            Harrrumph...Huh? Did sumbuddy mention the Ol' Man's Name...? Well...I musta dozed off at the keyboard again....

Goshdarnit... Maybe its Muh Roomatizz actin' up ugin!!!

Well Thanks for the Geriactric Props, Robert... I 'preeshiatechaah!

BTW...Here is my High School Photo... Enjoy!

I guess I should say that when I was REALLY Young... I was a Little Too Touchy about my age... (See my Baby Photo shot...)

middleaged Skywalker...[/QUOTE]
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 11-02-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Sweet !

I got to line up against that guy !

I'm re-starting my tune next year wil larger injectors on code $59, it's got auto-tune features, ect just a wicked program from what I can see.

I made 381 HP to the tires on the weekend. It was fun ! Drove my car 300 miles to the dyno as well.
                              11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
                              10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X