No announcement yet.

11.98 @ 120.24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey mars Nice car! can We have a look at that engine bay?
    Mike 60degree addict.
    Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
    sigpic
    65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

I just sent my 3500 heads to ben saturday.Im also installing a custom camshaft maybe pistons if i need to overbore the cylinder walls.I would be happy with mid 13's NA. Mars you and jon are in a league of your own

Comment

He's got me beat engineering wise running that SC though... Nitrous installs are easier to perform, but yeah at the same time the driveline has to stay together and I've proven it can I still have working AC though and full interior I'm not sure what else is done to his.

I think its time I look into getting some SC setup... I've always wanted one.

Got Lope?
        3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
        Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
        Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
        12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

I'd love to have a 12 or 11 second car.But if that means killing a transmission every year im happy with 13's
          I never meant for my car to become a full race car.But every few years it does get faster.LOL

Comment

I love the life sized trophy standing next to you
            Pontiac Fuel For Your Soul!

Comment

How the hell am I gonna get my groceries now.

Smashed into a kid that was attempting a left turn right in front of me. He cut me off. guess he never saw me.

Car is written off.

I hope I can keep the goodies and transplant them.
              11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
              10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

Buy back the car and repair it, from that pic it doesn't look bad enough to scrap

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                Originally posted by Jay Leno
                Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

If the front frame horn is not bent, just sheet metal, buy it back!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                    Buy back the car and repair it, from that pic it doesn't look bad enough to scrap

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk
                    I don't know a lot about insurance policies but i do know this. The insurance company actually buys the wrecked car for a few hundred that is added to the pay out. The policy owner can opt to keep the car but they will get 300-500 less. The title is branded scraped and would require a special inspection to become street legal. If the car is truly scraped, then the car will be worth only scrap metal. But many cars that are repairable but deemed scraped are bought dirt cheap by those who repair them and then sell them. They know the process well and many 'wrecked' cars are back on the road.

You can keep the car, but you will get several hundred less in payout. They hope you just give it up cheap, a quiet racket going on there.

Some cars only have moderate damage like bumper, front lights, etc but the engine, frame, interior is all fine. Scraped because the repair cost is $50 above the blue book value, which is very low already. And the guys buying these cars simply swap parts around, push it through inspection and then sell it.
                    Last edited by TGP37; 08-27-2011, 11:43 AM.
                    1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

Son of a

1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix 3500 swap GT3076R turbo 40lb/hr injectors FMIC LX9 coils Megasquirt2 v3.0

Comment

Working...
                      X