Want to run pump gas in the Draster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to run pump gas in the Draster

I have an older hard tail dragster that I race in NHRA under the Super Comeptition class but really tired of paying out the butt for C14 race fuel. My current engine is a DEI inspired SBC with 14-1 comp, jesel rockers, 18* heads, milodon gear drive, etc. I want to stay in the 800 hp range that im in, but by using pump gas. I've thought about using nitrous as some suggested in a thread I made a few months ago, but I really don't want to mess around with Nos. I live at 5k feet, race locally but also go to many sea level tracks. I have a 502 that i'm considering rebuilding just to have the CIs and go procharged with fuel injection, but don't know where to begin when it comes to converting over to forced induction and fuel injection on a race car. I also just want to be different. Everyone runs 632 crate engines and hardly anyone builds their own stuff anymore, kinda ruins the fun of it. Also, of course, due to my other cars which love to take my cash I want to keep this farely reasonable... but I know im looking at an easy 10k.

I'm not too focused on using the 502 block since going from sbc to bbc i'm looking at buying new headers, but also going to a ls series sbc i'll be looking at buying new headers.. Mostly focused on going fuel injected because it's just cool.

PS-summit sucks for looking up stuff for a dragster...
    You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
    ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
    95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

In my personal opinion and from what I've read on the net an LSx would rock, simply because of the technology, it's fuel injected like what you want, it's been proven to make gobs of HP, all are 6 bolt mains and most are aluminum... If you are lucky enough to get an LS7 the crank and main caps are forged steel and it has forged titanium rods.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Up the compression to around 17 to one and figure out how to run it on Propane which is about 140 Oct? Now that would be a little different. It is liquid around 50 psi, so you may be able to use fue injection with some sort of pressure regulator. Larry

Comment

Working...
      X