No announcement yet.

New Time in My LX9 Beretta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my Ifr Is set at 408 and I do have a wideband on the car right now I cant log the wideband because i'm missing the stereo plug for it.I do know however that my commanded go to the rich side as soon as I wot... and from there it keep on going rich. could it be my 02 that crapping out? or maybe some AF vs time that is richening my tune?
    For the scaling I used table_modifier so I could get as close to what I wanted but it's not perfect.

Superdave I weigh around 220pound.
    Last edited by LX9Power; 05-15-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
      3000lb car trapping 96.6 MPH is showing around 200 WHP, auto trans is roughly 20% loss (40 HP). that's where i came up with 240 ish HP @ the crank. The math is just an estimate of course, also not taking into account for the drivers weight.

I've seen some pretty good results from 3500's in the past, As much as people like to discount them they do make tons of power with just a few supporting mods and a good tune. Mine was ~2900 lbs trapping 108 with just the cam, headers and porting.
      The calculator I used estimated crank hp... And I can't seem to find a single calculator that is spitting out the same number... Another reason why I really don't trust those.

Originally posted by LX9Power View Post
      my Ifr Is set at 408 and I do have a wideband on the car right now I cant log the wideband because i'm missing the stereo plug for it.I do know however that my commanded go to the rich side as soon as I wot... and from there it keep on going rich. could it be my 02 that crapping out? or maybe some AF vs time that is richening my tune?
      For the scaling I used table_modifier so I could get as close to what I wanted but it's not perfect.

Superdave I weigh around 220pound.
      that IFR is completely wrong... it should be ~371 for a 22lb injector... Stock on a 97 Venture is 19lb injectors so you need to take the value thats in there stock, and multiply it by the difference between what was there and what your running to get close to the proper IFR

that might have something to do with it going rich at the end, your IFR is wrong and I bet you never re-scaled your maf.

What are your LTFT and STFT reading when your at WOT? Or cruise.
      Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 05-16-2012, 02:37 PM.

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

why do you talk about 22#?? you started talking about 22# injectors. I got 19# injectors on my car...thats why my IFR is correct.

Comment

Whoops, My bad, I thought I read somewhere you had upgraded to the 22's or at least I know thats a highly recomended thing with a stock 3500 anyways so I figured that you had done that.

That means yes your IFR is right, but if your maf is scaled too high on the top then you will run richer than you want to. Is the commanded a/f ratio anywhere near the actual your getting on your wideband?

Got Lope?
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
            Whoops, My bad, I thought I read somewhere you had upgraded to the 22's or at least I know thats a highly recomended thing with a stock 3500 anyways so I figured that you had done that.

That means yes your IFR is right, but if your maf is scaled too high on the top then you will run richer than you want to. Is the commanded a/f ratio anywhere near the actual your getting on your wideband?
            hey no prob it's the internet it's easy to misread something... well quickly jugging from my wideband ( no log) well it seems i get around 12.5 at wot but it slowly gets richer and my O2 seems to hang at wot around 850-950 ( wich is where it gets rich)

btw how do you scale from a wideband reading to a MAF? is there some type of calculation

Comment

I've noticed my wideband has been hanging around 12.0 12.1 a lot at WOT? When i left your house it was 12.4ish.Seeing you both talk about this made me think about it=)

Comment

does it stays at 12-12.1?

what is the be afr in PE?

Comment

Well the temp has been alittle warmer and it's around 12.4ish Maybe it was still relearning the tune.We did alot of reflashing last weekend=)
                  Car feels nice though really nice

Comment

yeah sometimes it can take a while before the tune is relarned ( specially maf tune).

I got the same time as late time (with a little lower MPH), But It feels like the RPM is floating,( kinda staying at the same rpm) during my wot run. I'm starting to suspect my fuel filter as well.

Comment

I don't know why you would suspect fuel filter when the stock HP level for a 3500 is recommending 22lb/hr injectors and your only running 19's.... I would have to say your maxing them out expecially if your hitting 20ms PW... It's just pointless to continue to mess with that setup.

Regarding scaling the maf to match your wideband afr, yeah there are calculations out there for that, I've used them alot on my subaru tuning, but for the beretta, I've done it by hand and I slowly adjust areas of the maf table that are reading higher than the commanded afr, it takes time but it's worth it.

I've found that these engines like fuel and don't produce a ton of power if you put then around 13:1... I've seen 12.8-12.2 being a good sweet spot for a wot pull.

Got Lope?

Comment

Yeah mine is the lower to mid 12's most of the time.Im thinking maybe drop the idle back to 850 if thats ok?Besides that everything is really good.Still gets really good gas mileage.Might hit the strip friday to=)

Comment

Working...
                        X