• Show
Clear All

• Vee6x
    replied
    Wow, that's awesome!

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    I've dialed back in the tune. Same 12.5 psi command. It definitly is using a little more fuel up top.

Going racing friday and saturday so well see if its really any faster or not. Hopefully I can still rip off those 1.7x's 60 foot times so I can run 12's.

Leave a comment:

• TGP37
    replied
    Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
    If your boosted and running stock springs I would agree you are probably floating the valves... Stronger springs are a must with many aftermarket cams and NEEDED when boosting.
    I agree, though I haven't any issues on fresh stock springs w/ 10 psi 5500/6000 shift.

I believe I will be replacing them for stronger down the road sooner then later.

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    Yup, i got the matching retainers that were required for them.

I got them installed yesterday. Went well. I just need to set the timing correct as im seeing 4 different marks at once on the damper when setting it. The digital 6 plus MSD box is shooting off multiple sparks at idle and my timing light doesnt like it...

Leave a comment:

• 3400-95-Modified
    replied
    You went with non behive springs? You need different retainers correct?

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    Ill be adding them on sunday if all goes well. Im attempting to do it with the heads on so that i dont have to tear them off. If my air compressor can keep up i should have them changed out pretty fast.

I do know i should have changed them out awhile ago. But i didnt know any better at the time. So hopefully theres no harm done to the cam, and the car will like the new springs.

Ill let you know how i like the 981s. They should be fine for a larger cam also. I plan to add a bigger dur. one this winter in the off season to up my power band a tad.

Leave a comment:

• 1988GTU
    replied
    Let me know how u like those 981's. My old engine could have had a bad spring or few but I could be just thinking into it too much.

Leave a comment:

• 3400-95-Modified
    replied
    If your boosted and running stock springs I would agree you are probably floating the valves... Stronger springs are a must with many aftermarket cams and NEEDED when boosting.

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    Yea the 60 foot really makes me happy. Although im tearing into the engine right now replacing the stock valve springs and retainers. Im using comp cam 981-12s for springs. I have a feeling that im seeing some sort of valve float at high rpm. Not the pop pop kind but just the lack of power at 4500 and up. Valve float from boost is weird as i thought it would be a missing condition but mabey there just never closing at higher rpms. Im still a newbe at all of this. The cam should be making power from 3500-5500 easy but seems as if its not and has been so since i first turboed it.

Leave a comment:

• 3400-95-Modified
    replied
    My best 60 was 1.89 I believe.

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    I wish I could get a 60-ft that good!

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    001.jpg

Knocked down a 12.88 for a new best time this morning. 1.76 60 foot time. Car felt amazingly fast exspecially off the line. Not bad for foot brakeing a turboed lil V6. Too bad i red lighted.

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    I think more than anything Im getting better at launching the car. On a datalog Im at commanded 12.5 psi by 15mph which is good for a turboed car as they are usualy a tad slow off the start. That 1.78 60 foot time felt amazing though. Much better then the 1.90's

Leave a comment:

• AleroB888
    replied
    Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
    Heres what she ran over the weekend. Finally got a 12.90 out of the car on 12.5 psi of boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIy2k...ature=youtu.be
    Very nice, tough to do in the Summer heat, too.

looks like that 0.5 psi makes a difference, lol

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    Heres what she ran over the weekend. Finally got a 12.90 out of the car on 12.5 psi of boost.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X