Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.607 @ 96.33, 93 Beretta, internally stock 3400

best_time_slip.jpg

Managed this run somewhere around a month ago at the strip in Cedar Falls, Iowa.

Track was a bit slippery and it seemed like every 5th run ended with fluid on the track. Made for slow going and hard to build a good rhythm, but I'm happy all things considered.

2004 3400, intake, TCE 65mm, port matched plenum inlet, headers, exhaust, tune, spec stage 3, 225/50/15 Toyo Proxes 4 up front @ 25psi. 1/2 tank of BP 91 octane, full street trim including 8" sub & 2 small amps. Pretty simple rig really.

Since then I've replaced the roughly 13 year old Mantapart cone filter with a new K&N X-Stream flow cone and have been thinking about a new fuel pump to replace the factory original unit.

Hoping the track is a bit stickier next time as I think there's a 2.10ish in the 60'. I'll make sure to keep this thread updated.

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

I really need to get into something smaller than a W but still 60V6 powered.... 14.6 in a w-body seems to be in the ~250HP range. with a L-body, you look to be able to accomplish the same with ~40HP less.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
      I really need to get into something smaller than a W but still 60V6 powered.... 14.6 in a w-body seems to be in the ~250HP range. with a L-body, you look to be able to accomplish the same with ~40HP less.
      Pick up a J-Body.

Comment

You give me some hope kflo!
        95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
        High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
        Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Originally posted by Heartbeat1991 View Post
          Pick up a J-Body.
          i was actually thinking a LITTLE bit bigger than that...

89-95ish N-body coupes catch my eye. I'm seeing listed curb weights in the 2600-2800 range depending on engine/options, which makes it ~500-700 lbs lighter than a W.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I've had both, I just prefer my Cavalier over the Beretta.

Comment

He has had this car for a great many years. It would be shocking to see him give it up.

Comment

Nice times!

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                The 5spd helps knock a good chunk off the times. My old lumina would have worked much better with a stick! (and a tune lol)
                1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
                1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
                1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
                14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
                9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
                14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

Fiero... lol

Nice times! Haven't been to CFR in a long time, going to be in the neighborhood in a few weeks at a car show though.
                  Past Builds;
                  1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                  1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                  Current Project;
                  1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

240Z... with boost... :P Weight in the 2400 lb area, especially with a 660. Mine was about 2500 with the straight 6, turbo and a few other heavier things than stock, like the wheels I'm running... The aluminum headed 660 about 100 lbs lighter than the straight 6.

I remember when breaking into the 14s N/A with a J or L body seemed hard...

I bet a few suspension tweaks could get you into the low 14's.

Comment

I've got a few suspension tweaks in place, dumped the 13" baer fronts for factory sized parts again, car launches way harder and still smacks down mustangs and corvettes on the autox course. Rear suspension consists of custom spun 600 lb/in springs and Saab Bilstein HDs. Front is KYB GR2, Intrax and poly everything with FE3 30mm sway bar. The front suspension is going to the be next area of focus.

Last weekend I went out and ripped it up hard on long track autocross. Runs were on a .6 mile former go-kart track, each run consists of 2 timed laps with a 3/4 lap warm up/running start. Managed a time of 1:22.94, which will likely have the car a very solid top 20 out of 70+ cars once they release official standings. Beat all but 2 of the Corvettes by a nice margin, left 12-15 mustangs watching tail lights as well as all but 1 Fbody in the house and that one was running a procharger and Nitto NT-01s all around on some nice suspension. Considering this was my first day on new tires, I think I can gain another second and pull towards the top 10. Kumho Ecsta V720s FTFW.

Enjoy some front bumper mounted GoPro goodness here: https://youtu.be/wGSYOv3zju8

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

Using any toe in the rear? Put .75 on my DD Beretta and it sure seemed to help in the turns.
                        Funny, that this car has been around for years and now I'm learning something about it.

Comment

The rear is as straight as I can get it, with the super stiff suspension and sticky tires it doesn't need any special love. With a bit of trail braking the rear end wants to rotate with ease, just apply the power and it goes where I need. I want to get some higher spring rates up front and some more appropriate struts, I had been pursuing a custom coilover and was in the process of building a set before I moved, but I'm not sure that much adjustability is needed. I think some 500 lb/in springs up front and having Koni custom valve a set of adjustables will be plenty.

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

LOL I went crazy and used 1.5 first. Way too much! Still say .75 would help, makes it feel like the car doesn't need a rear sway as much as it did before. Bet .5 would work almost as good. Shims are cheap. Just used full dials on mine, cutting them where the studs go on top and slipped both pieces in.
                            Sounds like the front will be very stout.

Oops, forgot to add that the .75 made it feel like there wasn't as much need for a rear sway. This is all with the MRZ shock tower bar too.
                            Last edited by Purple pit; 06-22-2015, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Rear suspension consists of custom spun 600 lb/in springs and Saab Bilstein HDs. Front is KYB GR2, Intrax and poly everything with FE3 30mm sway bar. The front suspension is going to the be next area of focus.
                              How's the performance of the suspension on your car? Since you mentioned that you used Bilstein for the rear and KYB for the fronts.

Comment

Working...
                              X