X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kflo 93 gt
    replied
    Originally posted by woody90gtz View Post
    Hey what were your times in Milwaukee? I heard the fastest NA care there was a gray Beretta!
    That track sucks, didn't run it there. Ive got a plan in mind for Fest 2023, let's get back to the track.

Leave a comment:

• woody90gtz
    replied
    Hey what were your times in Milwaukee? I heard the fastest NA care there was a gray Beretta!

Leave a comment:

• Vee6x
    replied
    Rear suspension consists of custom spun 600 lb/in springs and Saab Bilstein HDs. Front is KYB GR2, Intrax and poly everything with FE3 30mm sway bar. The front suspension is going to the be next area of focus.
    How's the performance of the suspension on your car? Since you mentioned that you used Bilstein for the rear and KYB for the fronts.

Leave a comment:

• Purple pit
    replied
    LOL I went crazy and used 1.5 first. Way too much! Still say .75 would help, makes it feel like the car doesn't need a rear sway as much as it did before. Bet .5 would work almost as good. Shims are cheap. Just used full dials on mine, cutting them where the studs go on top and slipped both pieces in.
    Sounds like the front will be very stout.

Oops, forgot to add that the .75 made it feel like there wasn't as much need for a rear sway. This is all with the MRZ shock tower bar too.
    Last edited by Purple pit; 06-22-2015, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kflo 93 gt
    replied
    The rear is as straight as I can get it, with the super stiff suspension and sticky tires it doesn't need any special love. With a bit of trail braking the rear end wants to rotate with ease, just apply the power and it goes where I need. I want to get some higher spring rates up front and some more appropriate struts, I had been pursuing a custom coilover and was in the process of building a set before I moved, but I'm not sure that much adjustability is needed. I think some 500 lb/in springs up front and having Koni custom valve a set of adjustables will be plenty.

Leave a comment:

• Purple pit
    replied
    Using any toe in the rear? Put .75 on my DD Beretta and it sure seemed to help in the turns.
    Funny, that this car has been around for years and now I'm learning something about it.

Leave a comment:

• kflo 93 gt
    replied
    I've got a few suspension tweaks in place, dumped the 13" baer fronts for factory sized parts again, car launches way harder and still smacks down mustangs and corvettes on the autox course. Rear suspension consists of custom spun 600 lb/in springs and Saab Bilstein HDs. Front is KYB GR2, Intrax and poly everything with FE3 30mm sway bar. The front suspension is going to the be next area of focus.

Last weekend I went out and ripped it up hard on long track autocross. Runs were on a .6 mile former go-kart track, each run consists of 2 timed laps with a 3/4 lap warm up/running start. Managed a time of 1:22.94, which will likely have the car a very solid top 20 out of 70+ cars once they release official standings. Beat all but 2 of the Corvettes by a nice margin, left 12-15 mustangs watching tail lights as well as all but 1 Fbody in the house and that one was running a procharger and Nitto NT-01s all around on some nice suspension. Considering this was my first day on new tires, I think I can gain another second and pull towards the top 10. Kumho Ecsta V720s FTFW.

Enjoy some front bumper mounted GoPro goodness here: https://youtu.be/wGSYOv3zju8

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    240Z... with boost... :P Weight in the 2400 lb area, especially with a 660. Mine was about 2500 with the straight 6, turbo and a few other heavier things than stock, like the wheels I'm running... The aluminum headed 660 about 100 lbs lighter than the straight 6.

I remember when breaking into the 14s N/A with a J or L body seemed hard...

I bet a few suspension tweaks could get you into the low 14's.

Leave a comment:

• Superdave
    replied
    Fiero... lol

Nice times! Haven't been to CFR in a long time, going to be in the neighborhood in a few weeks at a car show though.

Leave a comment:

• 1QUICKHATCH
    replied
    Nice times!

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
    I really need to get into something smaller than a W but still 60V6 powered.... 14.6 in a w-body seems to be in the ~250HP range. with a L-body, you look to be able to accomplish the same with ~40HP less.
    The 5spd helps knock a good chunk off the times. My old lumina would have worked much better with a stick! (and a tune lol)

Leave a comment:

• Purple pit
    replied
    He has had this car for a great many years. It would be shocking to see him give it up.

Leave a comment:

• Heartbeat1991
    replied
    I've had both, I just prefer my Cavalier over the Beretta.

Leave a comment:

• robertisaar
    replied
    Originally posted by Heartbeat1991 View Post
    Pick up a J-Body.
    i was actually thinking a LITTLE bit bigger than that...

89-95ish N-body coupes catch my eye. I'm seeing listed curb weights in the 2600-2800 range depending on engine/options, which makes it ~500-700 lbs lighter than a W.

Leave a comment:

• Purple pit
    replied
    You give me some hope kflo!

Leave a comment:

• Heartbeat1991
    replied
    Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
    I really need to get into something smaller than a W but still 60V6 powered.... 14.6 in a w-body seems to be in the ~250HP range. with a L-body, you look to be able to accomplish the same with ~40HP less.
    Pick up a J-Body.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X