No announcement yet.

Who has the fastest car/truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah my car is in the mid 15's now, and i thought it was gettin somewhat quick then i rode in my friend's heads/cam/bolton LS1 trans am, .... yeah i am no where near fast... im just happy he didnt have the bottle on i woudl have probably just given up on my camaro
    3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

I know my car isn't fast...everytime I ride in my dads GTP (runs 12.2's @ 115) it makes me remember how slow my car is, but yet, his GTP doesn't even feel that fast. I mean, when you go WOT sometimes it just doesn't feel like your accelerating a lot. You find yourself thinking that the car should be going faster. Then when you get back into a 14 second car, it feels stupidly slow. IMO a 10 second car is "fast", a 12-14 second car is "quick", and like a 15-17 second car isn't bad, but a 18 second or slower car just seems plain slow to me....but like I said, thats all my opinion.
      90 Grand Prix STE 3.1 Intercooled Turbo-3100 Hybrid
      K&N, Magnaflows, No Cat, Chip, FFP Pulley, H260 Cam, No EGR.
      99 Grand Prix GT
      K&N|No Cat/ubend/res|160 tstat|shift kit|UD ALT & WP Pulleys|XP Cam|Stage 2 I/C|Pacesetters|MPS|2.9"|Custom PCM
      12.665 @ 110.44 w/2.018 60', STREET TIRES, PUMP GAS!

Comment

i think once you get into the 15s thats pretty quick
        especially with a car that ran mid 16s before it became a money pit
        I Like V660s
        Does Chevy make beer
        ~Jayme~

Comment

Originally posted by TheProfessor
          before it became a money pit
          HAHAHAHAHA :P

Comment

Curtis Walker would have to be in the #1 Contender seat for this if not at least Runner up...

we'll see what it runs this weekend when he takes it to the track again..
            Should be interesting to see what I run in the "other" turbo car Curtis built for Steve.. Steve is supposedly letting me drive the car at the track for him to pull some good numbers. im thinking this one should hit mid13's...

i'm predicting Curtis gets kicked off the track due to no cage LOL
            Colin
            92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
            90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

yeah, he probably will with all those upgrades/repairs he did to his car. Im not gonna say anything about "breaking shit" but yeah...lets hope its the cage thing
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Well my last car was a 2.3 mustang sooo the Z seems very fast to me, and all my friends who have celicas/scoupe turbos/precidias/2.8camaro's etc.

But i drove my friends corvette right before driving my car, and it didn't SEEM that much faster... i mean, it was a completely different experiance driving it... and flooring it absolutly everywhere and around every corner, and i got into my Z and i was still proud of her.

The vette's running about 12.8... my cars about 16... the stang was about 22.
                2001 Mustang GT
                1991 5spd Lumina Z34 - Dead
                1947 4spd International - Dead... Reincarnation pending.. getting close now .

Comment

ï rode in this one vette once
                  i think it was early to mid 80s
                  it was slow as fuck
                  i think my retta was about as fast being almost stock at the time
                  I Like V660s
                  Does Chevy make beer
                  ~Jayme~

Comment

Originally posted by v6h.o.
                    i'm predicting Curtis gets kicked off the track due to no cage LOL
                    That's defiunitely the way I want to be kicked off the track. Something to be proud of.

Marty
                    '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
                    '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
                    '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
                    '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
                    Originally posted by Aaron
                    This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

Originally posted by TheProfessor
                      it was slow as fuck
                      Ya thats exactly what my feelings were at the time, but i haven't driven the vette since he rearended a civic doing 140km/h and the vette went right under the civic... actually a funny thing to see, when all was said and done it looked like the vic ran the vette over haha. I didn't want to say anything in case someone was like... your full of shit asshole, vette's are insanely fast!!!
                      2001 Mustang GT
                      1991 5spd Lumina Z34 - Dead
                      1947 4spd International - Dead... Reincarnation pending.. getting close now .

Comment

it was slow as fuck
                        Thats because they are slow as fuck. Some of the early to mid 80's Corvettes were under 200hp. Your Beretta probably was almost as fast.

Shawn
                        99 Grand Prix GT
                        K&N|No Cat/ubend/res|160 tstat|shift kit|UD ALT & WP Pulleys|XP Cam|Stage 2 I/C|Pacesetters|MPS|2.9"|Custom PCM

Comment

yeah the vette i rode in had that fucked up cross fire motor
                          i read in the chiltons manual they had 165 hp
                          nothing but low end and not even that good there
                          I Like V660s
                          Does Chevy make beer
                          ~Jayme~

Comment

They are definately what my good friend would call "ballsless." My Grandfather said his stock '88 Fiero GT 5 Speed (he owned it in the very early 90's) could pull on late 70's/early 80's Vettes easily.

Shawn
                            99 Grand Prix GT

Comment

ballsless wonder
                              I Like V660s
                              Does Chevy make beer
                              ~Jayme~

Comment

My X-11 is faster than all ya'lls cars, even without a tranny in it!!! And its 'basicly' stock! (remember what Adolf Hitler said: No matter how big or outragous the lie, if it said often enough and load enough, it will become the truth!). My X-11 is faster than all ya'lls cars, even without a tranny in it!!! And its 'basicly' stock! My X-11 is faster than all ya'lls cars, even without a tranny in it!!! And its 'basicly' stock! My X-11 is faster than all ya'lls cars, even without a tranny in it!!! And its 'basicly' stock!
                                Tuning a car is full of compromises. You must decide if you are willing to give up either reliability, performance, or a whole load of cash. Also remember that repairs will seem to come up much more often as you strive for even more performance

Comment

Working...
                                X