Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALL motor 660 Jbody race heats up again!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL motor 660 Jbody race heats up again!!!!

a tenth and a half off of V6ho.

today was a long ass day.driving down to the track my clutch was slipping due to the tranny leaking. so seeing as it was only a $45 tranny anyway, we just drained 90% the fluid out, and tried to dry the clutch by slipping it.

it worked for a bit but just wasn't cutting it with the slicks. so into the little town nearby we go. all there is in town is a gas station and a convenience store. so I buy a bottle of Fantastik and a bottle of vinegar. get back to the track and I empty all the fantastik out (it was a spray bottle) and proceed to dump the vinegar in. start spraying an assload in right by the starter.. IT WORKED. Clutch got a lot better. and my buddy Dan was kicking ass. three runs after the vinegar treatment. he busted a 8.99 1/8 th only to miss 4th and wind up with a 14.26 @ 93.
    with it all said and Done this year, I think both Colin and I could improve greatly. I know by the spring this car won't have much trouble obliterating v6ho's current mark.
    1989 Z24 3.1/3400 hybrid
    14.13@96.69 N/a slick full interior
    maybe my \"dreams\" should be a little higher :P

8.99 1/8 should be a 13.845.

There's always next year, and then the other surprise.

Comment

When I did my 13.95 run on the gtech the 1/8 mile was a 8.98 IIRC. yeah it was the gtech, but its fairly accurate. So depending on how hard your car pulls on the topend, a sub 9 second 1/8 mile should be 13's easily.

Shawn
      90 Grand Prix STE 3.1 Intercooled Turbo-3100 Hybrid
      K&N, Magnaflows, No Cat, Chip, FFP Pulley, H260 Cam, No EGR.
      99 Grand Prix GT
      K&N|No Cat/ubend/res|160 tstat|shift kit|UD ALT & WP Pulleys|XP Cam|Stage 2 I/C|Pacesetters|MPS|2.9"|Custom PCM
      12.665 @ 110.44 w/2.018 60', STREET TIRES, PUMP GAS!

Comment

Nice times Chris, you are still going to have to play catch up next year. thats all i have to say. :P
        Colin
        92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
        90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

what, not retiring anymore? or did I finally wake up the sleeping beast?

N/A or forced induction, it is so on for next year.
          1989 Z24 3.1/3400 hybrid

Comment

all motor bitch! its on.
            Colin

Comment

you may as well put in a 90*v6 because no matter what you do I'm gonna put you to shame :P
              1989 Z24 3.1/3400 hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by v6h.o.
                Nice times Chris, you are still going to have to play catch up next year. thats all i have to say. :P
                I think you will have to play catch up next year
                1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
                1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
                1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
                14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
                9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
                14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

Originally posted by 1QUICKHATCH
                  funny thing, Chris and you keep basing your 14.4's off my old 14.39 saying your that much closer. You do realize that i ran that 14.39 before i did all the upgrades right... That was still with the Stock Programing in the delco computer, stock mounts, and a few other small items.

after i did the Holley got it tuned, welded my engine mounts solid, ect I never ran any times on the street tyres. So by going by 14.1 i ran the one time out on Mikes slicks the weekend i ran the 14.39 on street tires, It would be safe to say that my 13.9 on slicks after the mods would equate to roughly a 14.2 or a hair better.

Dont worry Scott, I'll hand you your ass again next year. Did you even break into 14's this year?
                  Colin

Comment

funny thing, Chris and you keep basing your 14.4's off my old 14.39 saying your that much closer. You do realize that i ran that 14.39 before i did all the upgrades right... That was still with the Stock Programing in the delco computer, stock mounts, and a few other small items.

after i did the Holley got it tuned, welded my engine mounts solid, ect I never ran any times on the street tyres. So by going by 14.1 i ran the one time out on Mikes slicks the weekend i ran the 14.39 on street tires, It would be safe to say that my 13.9 on slicks after the mods would equate to roughly a 14.2 or a hair better.

Dont worry Scott, I'll hand you your ass again next year. Did you even break into 14's this year?
                    ok lets see here my 14.30 was on a slick but look at what I had done to my car, 3100 9.3:1 compression, stock big valve heads NO PORT WORK AT ALL! stock 3100 exaust manifolds (94 to be exact) 2" exaust from the cat back, solid rear mount, broken front mount (no connection at the front mount at all) and a stock 89 2.8 z24 5spd trans.
                    now lets see if I did a set of heads for it, headers, exaust, 11:1 CR... I am sure it would have knocked off at least 3 tenths one other thing how much did you spend to run 13's ? Chris' car would have been in the 13's if Dan diden't eat that sub be for the run causing him to miss 4th gear from being lazy after a big meal!

we will have to see what happens next year!
                    1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
                    1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
                    1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
                    14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
                    9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
                    14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

ok lets see here my 14.30 was on a slick but look at what I had done to my car, 3100 9.3:1 compression, stock big valve heads NO PORT WORK AT ALL! stock 3100 exaust manifolds (94 to be exact) 2" exaust from the cat back, solid rear mount, broken front mount (no connection at the front mount at all) and a stock 89 2.8 z24 5spd trans.
                      now lets see if I did a set of heads for it, headers, exaust, 11:1 CR... I am sure it would have knocked off at least 3 tenths one other thing how much did you spend to run 13's ? Chris' car would have been in the 13's if Dan diden't eat that sub be for the run causing him to miss 4th gear from being lazy after a big meal!

we will have to see what happens next year!

Comment

bwhwahahaahahaaaaa.a.a. ROTFLMAO!!
                        Colin

Comment

it's not the street tire time, it's the being off by .14 of a second with a higher trap that makes me close. it's that there is so much both of us could improve on for next year that makes us close. it's that all talk of you taking a year off seemed to cease after my 14.13 that makes it close.

I dohcn't know what next year holds in store. but like last year, this years times won't hold up long. and also the trash talking won't stop.
                          1989 Z24 3.1/3400 hybrid

Comment

I may still take a year off. Its just fun bench racing since there i cant drive :P

I dont know whats going to happen, trying to get some bills paid off first. car might have to sit for a while.
                            but I will still kick your ass anyways :P
                            Colin

Comment

HAHAAH, that excuse meter is GREAT!

hahaha

So Chris, what's this about trap speeds? :P

I'll get my 3 digit trap next year.
                              11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
                              10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X