No announcement yet.

Ran my 284 equipped TGP again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When me and donk calculated the CR ratio of camaro pistons on 3400 al heads it was aroudn 12:1 I think.

So 13:1 is possible.

I think the dish is 11 cc on the piston. use the 3.4 bore and stroke, with a .045 gasket, and 26 cc chambers on the heads, and I think you come in around 13:1.

Comment

is that the iron head or aluminum head gasket.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by gpse3400
        Gramatical errors??? What the fuck are you an english professor? please... My engine nothing special? Like anything you have is really to die for. Wow you like so do not have a clue. Yeah the world definately needs another zit faced , narrow minded pita who thinks he knows it all. Trying to help save me money? You so need to go and wipe your ass with that. You are so fucking lame. Mind your own damn business!
        1) Not an English professor, but it is commonly known that you are judged on what you write and how you write it. I can't even argue with half your post because I can't understand it. I do not have any zits on my face, but even if I did, does that make me less of a person? That's like saying black people are stupid because they're black. That shows your own narrow mind in my opinion. And I don't think I know it all, but what I do know, I try to share to enhance the world and aftermarket of the 60 degree V6, which I thought that was what this site was all about.

2) As for your "engine nothing special," your website did not site the high compression. Therefore I based my advice on that you were running stock or near stock. Very few people here have anything special. And I think we all like what we have, and that is what counts. So no one will die for my 3.4L TDC, can you name someone that will for your 3400? I'm not going to die for a motor anytime soon-especially one built by a person that can't properly write English. So please, cut the crap, I was only trying to help out.

3) And any post you make becomes instantly anyone's business who wishes to read it, that is why it is a public message board.

So stop with the personal attacks, it isn't important. Or better yet, I'll be the mature one and stop. Now isn't that an oxy-moron?

Comment

Oh my mother of pearl. I think I need a round of drinks over here, that was too good!

Thanks for the good laugh Aaron!
          Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
          3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
          Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
          2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
          TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

Too easy.

"That's like saying black people are stupid because they're black" Yeah, way to make that argument to the black man himself. Hilarious.

"And I don't think I know it all, but what I do know, I try to share to enhance the world and aftermarket of the 60 degree V6" No, what you don't know you spout off like its fact and that doesn't help anyone.

"I'm not going to die for a motor anytime soon-especially one built by a person that can't properly write English." And in that same post...."Very people here have anything special." What? English?

I wasn't gonna say anything, but you opened your mouth, extended your leg, and your foot fit right in.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by dbtk2
              Originally posted by dykz34
              If you don't know what he is running, you need to shut the hell up!
              I didn't say I knew what he was running. I didn't know what he was running for compression or anything else.
              My comment wasn't directed solely at you.

Comment

Ehh I got a just a few words to say.... To all of those who are for me, thanks be to thee and may the force be with you. To all of those who are being a pita, Y'all just need to mind your business and shut the fuck up! I don't give a rats ass about you or your POS car and the BS under the hood that time has sure as shit forgot! Or even knew of for that matter....

But to the smart ass who has "faster car than me"-typical kindergarten type remark if I had ever seen one. I SWEAR BEN WE GET ALL TYPES HERE DON'T WE!!!! It's just the State Pen! What an exciting day!!! Yeah I had a Grand Prix Turbo once. It would've blown your god damn doors off.

Both of you two love birds can get off right here.

Hey Skalor, sorry I jacked your thread!

LOL I swear to god!
                Lorenzo
                '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

Well, back on topic now.

I didn't get to run a new best yesterday. In fact my first run I spun all the way through first and then ground going into second. I gave up on that run and ran a 19.1. I backed it up then with 14.814 @ 96 with a 2.3 60' and a 14.824 @ 96 with a 2.3 60'. I launched both times at 2000 rpms and I rolled on the throttle really slow. On a side note, I really need new struts, my car squats really bad when I launch/shift.

So why does my trap seem so high if LG5s have no topend?? Maybe the 284 makes all the difference!! :P
                  \'89 Ciera Int. Coupe
                  \'89 TGP

Comment

Originally posted by gpse3400
                    But to the smart ass who has "faster car than me"-typical kindergarten type remark if I had ever seen one. I SWEAR BEN WE GET ALL TYPES HERE DON'T WE!!!! It's just the State Pen! What an exciting day!!! Yeah I had a Grand Prix Turbo once. It would've blown your god damn doors off.
                    The point I was trying to make was not me trying to brag or anything, I was trying to say that its not like my car is really slow or anything (although it is pretty friggin slow), it takes a little bit of knowledge to make one of these cars go this fast so I know a thing or two about what I'm talking about. If it came out like me being a prick, thats not how i meant it, but I can understand it sounding like that now that I've re-read it. I'm not a genious or anything, and don't claim to be, I'm just not a dumbass either. I know you had a TGP once. It wasn't very long ago IIRC, I remember when you were selling it. I've been around for a while too, I know these things. It looked pretty good too. Don't remember what you had done to it because it was a while ago (like a year or so IIRC), and it doesn't really matter, but thats not the point here anyways. I just must've missed the post(s) about your engine. Or it was before i was on this forum and you didn't post it on the w-body forum.

I was trying to be helpful because a lot of people don't know that too high of octane will slow them down, and you never know who does know this. So I was stating that it could hurt you if you don't have high compression or a blower. The "If you don't" meaning you can disregard it if you do have those things.

Shawn
                    90 Grand Prix STE 3.1 Intercooled Turbo-3100 Hybrid
                    K&N, Magnaflows, No Cat, Chip, FFP Pulley, H260 Cam, No EGR.
                    99 Grand Prix GT
                    K&N|No Cat/ubend/res|160 tstat|shift kit|UD ALT & WP Pulleys|XP Cam|Stage 2 I/C|Pacesetters|MPS|2.9"|Custom PCM
                    12.665 @ 110.44 w/2.018 60', STREET TIRES, PUMP GAS!

Comment

Wow larry I just stumbled on this crap like a few months late hahahah! Wow well not to revive a corpse (but I will) Lorenzo happens to be a very good friend of mine and very good resource for automotive knowledge. Any of you who have met him know this already Anyways his motor is something special, I have been in the TGP and I swear that thing would have run low 14's high 13's if he ever took it to the track and that was without any of the jeff MMMMMMMMMMMM parts. He is currently working on another cam.....and buildup for the 3400. If anyone has seen what he did with MPFI3100's engine and taken a ride in that thing you would know it is very quick for these engines. The 3400 is just as fast and thensome. so stop flinging your crap around in here it stinks! If you car is so bad ass post your god damn trackslip!
                      Banned for being stupid

Comment

Working...
                      X